Organic Chemist and Polymer Chemist
GenEdit is an early stage company developing the next-generation therapeutics for genetic and other diseases through safe and efficient delivery of gene therapeutic drugs. Our technology platform is based on non-viral, biocompatible polymer nanoparticles for the targeted in vivo delivery of nucleic acids, proteins, or ribonucleic acid-protein complexes (RNP) to specific organs or cell types. GenEdit fosters a dynamic start-up environment where self-driven, enthusiastic employees thrive. We are based in South San Francisco, CA and currently expanding across all functions within the organization.
Polymer synthesis and characterization.
The position focuses on developing novel polymer nanoparticle for the delivery of gene therapy. We are seeking a highly self-motivated and goal-oriented scientist with extensive experience in organic synthesis, conjugation chemistry, polymer synthesis, and characterization.
The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, resourceful and effective team-player who is enthusiastic to tackle challenging scientific and technical problems with novel approaches in the lab.
Desired skill sets
· Synthetic organic chemistry, Synthesis of small molecules, Polymer chemistry, Conjugation chemistry.
· Experience with NMR, Column Chromatography, GPC, HPLC, UV-vis, fluorescence spectroscopy, DSC, ITC, MAL-SEC, and other characterization methods.
· Working knowledge of applicable biology background for relevant therapeutic areas of rare genetic disorder is a plus
· Highly motivated scientist with particular attention to detail and the ability to independently plan, design and implement experiments
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE USA