Manager, Marketing Insights
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Marketing Research Manager will design, implement, manage and analyze marketing research for the key brands on the US Specialty Business Unit. The individual will derive insights from primary and secondary research, and partner with Marketing and Medical Affairs colleagues to inform decision-making around brand strategies and tactics.
- Act as research lead for key commercial and medical affairs team relationships focused on providing strategic insight, forming a trusted relationship, and staying abreast of commercial issues.
- Apply custom research methodologies, exercise successful supplier and stakeholder management, and independently lead custom research projects to deliver compelling strategic and tactical insight.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of internal and external stakeholders and agencies to identify and communicate actionable, custom research insights to the organization. Adeptly manage a matrix teams and individuals.
- Maintain organizational knowledge of market and competitive trends and industry developments and effectively communicate this knowledge to internal stakeholders. Possess a solid understanding of primary research methodologies, secondary and syndicated sources and identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Investigate market and brand trends and performance for relevant brands using strong analytical and business acumen skills.
- Capture and communicate insights, trends and performance dynamics in regular and ad hoc deliverables, thoughtfully communicate a story with data using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Synthesize research learning across projects and primary and secondary research to develop actionable insights and recommendations that shape commercial strategies and tactics.
- Build solid relationships as a team player, while maintaining objectivity and lack of bias to represent the voice of the customer.
- Monitor and manage marketing research programs within budget and identify opportunities for cost savings where appropriate.
- Ensure all marketing research activities are conducted in accordance with financial and ethical compliance guidelines.
- BA or BS degree required; MBA or MA preferred with concentration in market research or marketing is a strong plus.
- 6+ years relevant marketing research experience, with at least 4 years client-side marketing research experience
- Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to interact effectively with/present to all levels of the organization, from Product Managers to Divisional Vice Presidents
- Advanced knowledge of custom research methodologies
- Proven experience as an integral member of a high performing work team
- Strong project management skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.