Marketing Senior Manager, Consumer, Inflammation
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that read over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
At Amgen we strive to put the patient front in center...to be "patient centric". This position has a key role in driving this mission by leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) marketing communication and media strategy for Enbrel® in the U.S. The Senior Manager will lead the development of communications from insight identification to concept, from concept to development, and from development to launch. This individual will also lead media strategy from planning to execution, including a key role in the analysis of results that informs insight and data-based recommendations. These key aspects of the role will involve delivering compelling messages to the right consumers in the right medium across the patient journey.
This critical role provides a tremendous opportunity to work on Enbrel®, at $5 billion in sales one of the largest pharmaceutical brands in the world and an original innovation in the world of biologics. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal and external partners to help Enbrel® patients start and stay on treatment. The successful candidate will lead several initiatives to help drive new capabilities that will set the brand up for success. You will impart critical thinking, leadership, collaboration, and the ability to serve as a true champion for the consumer.
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will:
- Lead communications strategy - work with market research and agency partners to uncover deep insights and translate them to consumer-compelling creative and messaging that is well integrated across channels.
- Lead media strategy - oversee planning and placement across key channels including TV, print, point-of-care, digital, patient education, and PR.
- Handle day-to-day oversight of creative and media agencies as well as publisher relationships.
- Champion continuous improvement with our patient services/adherence activities and share standard methodologies across the organization.
- Collaborate with key partners including HCP marketing, Access, Corporate Communications, Operational teams, and Business Analytics & Insight to ensure alignment with programming for healthcare professionals, customers, and consumers.
- Run the internal legal, regulatory, and medical review and approval of new materials to enable responsible and compliant consumer communications.
- Handle budgets and closely monitor performance, ensuring cost-effective delivery of all programs.
- Domestic travel up to 20%.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Master's degree and 4 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
Associate's Degree and 10 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Marketing and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- Strong marketing acumen with a key grasp of marketing strategy, market research, segmentation, brand positioning, and tactical plan development.
- Experience developing and executing a wide range of successful online and offline tactics, including digital, print, video, and CRM. Television experience is a plus.
- Translating market research into effective consumer campaigns or programs. Previous experience with clinical data a plus.
- Exhibiting passion and empathy to build meaningful experiences with consumers by understanding their needs and desires.
- Experience working with advertising agencies to develop and produce engaging creative.
- Experience working with media agencies and publishers to build and optimize effective media plans.
- Strong bias for action and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise strong judgment and live up to the highest ethical standards.
- Excellent communication skills and self-awareness of leadership style
- Ability to build productive partnerships and collaborate effectively in a matrix organization.
- Experience marketing directly to consumers, with a preference for pharmaceutical or regulated consumer goods or services.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.