Competitive Intelligence Senior Manager
- Develop and present key Competitive Intelligence deliverables, while managing multiple internal business partner requirements and one direct report. Participate in several Insights & Branding Product Teams (IBPTs) to generate insights and help develop strategy for Amgen's approved and pipeline medications.
- Work with Marketing leads to generate Key Intelligence Topics and Key Intelligence Questions (KITs & KIQs); conduct hypothesis driven primary and secondary competitive intelligence research
- Utilize various secondary research resources to generate competitive insights including but not limited to clinicaltrials.gov, TrialTrove, BioMedTracker, Cortellis Intelligence, Evaluate Pharma, Datamonitor, IPD analytics, Recap IQ, PharmaProjects, Drugs@FDA, PubMed, AlphaSense and FactSet
- Manage multiple CI vendors to conduct hypothesis driven primary CI research through interactions with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Clinical trial investigators, Medical Science Liaisons, Academic and Community Physicians, Field force, Investor relations and identify other relevant sources as applicable to the project
- Synthesize insights from scientific and medical research conferences by gathering clinical and scientific data, interacting with relevant sources listed previously and developing detailed reports to debrief internal teams
- Travel Requirement: 20%
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Competitive Intelligence or similar experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Competitive Intelligence or similar experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Competitive Intelligence or similar experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Competitive Intelligence or similar experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Competitive Intelligence or similar experience
- Knowledge of basic principles of functions across pharmaceutical value chain, including drug discovery & development, clinical trials, FDA / EMA regulation, and drug commercialization
- Demonstrated track record managing multiple, simultaneous projects and experience working with proprietary technical, regulatory and financial data sources (i.e. TrialTrove, Cortellis Intelligence, Evaluate Pharma, PubMed)
- Experience supporting insight generation by coordinating with cross-functional commercial, medical & scientific teams to develop therapeutic area strategy
- Ability to analyze ongoing clinical trials and global regulatory considerations to develop scenarios for competitor launch timing in US, EU, Japan, China and other key markets
- Understanding of pharmaceutical forecasting models; ability to provide competitor focused assumptions to estimate market share, in support of long-range planning scenarios, go/no-go decisions and opportunity assessment for business development activities.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.