Senior Frontend / API Developer
The Genome Informatics and Data Engineering team seeks a Senior Frontend/API Engineer responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support our internal Regeneron clients. You will work with stake Provide end-user support for adopting newly created APIs, existing APIs, and application integration with APIs. You will work with partners, technology team leadership, and domain experts to analyze, design, build, and implement API's needed within the organization. You will also be in charge of implementing, documentation (Swagger), and integrating various software platforms through the REST API framework, Lambda's, and other AWS services.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Develop and deploy serverless components hosted on AWS cloud technology.
- Capable of API delivery end to end, which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s) and services.
- Understand the creation and deployment of API first design strategy.
- Designs, Develops, and prototypes cloud-deployed services, APIs, and serverless "infrastructure as code" to enable business capabilities in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Ensure alignment to solid architecture guidelines and frameworks related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery, etc.
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that, help size stories and own, research, and recommend new solutions
- Be open to learning new things, adapting, and learning from others
- Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
- Provide technical and end-user support for adopting newly created APIs, existing APIs, and application integration with APIs.
This job might be for you if:
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work. Operational excellence matters more than just finishing the tasks.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
To be considered for the Senior Frontend/API Engineer, you must have Associate's or Bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of relevant IT experience. Hands-on experience with various AWS services that include, but are not limited to, Lambda, NodeJS runtime preferred, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Redshift, S3, API Gateway, and Athena. NodeJS or Python development experience. Experience with React, TypeScript, Django and Python, highly desirable.. Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch. Experience developing microservices. Experience with developing serverless REST APIs using AWS Lambda, a plus. AWS certification is a plus. Automated API testing.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.