Associate Director BTS, Patient Care Solutions
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative, patient focused organization. AbbVie Endocrinology Inc. (AEI) is responsible for AbbVie Access Support (AAS), myAbbVie Assist (mAA) and Pharmacy Services. The goal of AEI is to help patients with access challenges across complex insurance landscape and to help facilitate free AbbVie drugs to patients, who have financial hardship. We overcome access challenges throughout the patient journey by enabling innovative solutions and connectivity across the healthcare ecosystem
This position is responsible for managing the Portfolio of Patient Care Solutions for AEI. It includes the Salesforce CRM solution as well as the portals & web tools that optimize the Physician and Patient experience. Associate Director BTS will be responsible for working with Business management and staff to: Define the business, financial, and operational requirements of new and existing systems as well as collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing systems. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements. Enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow. Identify and resolve issues with existing systems. Leads the development and on-going refresh of the business-related IT strategy for the function or multiple functions. Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Serve as a shared leadership resource across multiple groups (AAS, PAP, PSv, Quality etc.), programs and areas of responsibilities to drive consistency according to industry standards.
- Determines alternative delivery mechanisms. Understands industry best practice, strategies, and tactics in client business area.
- Negotiates, secures, oversees and ensures that resources are available to meet the long-range operational demands of the business area.
- Understands the business processes in multiple business functions. Leads development and application of strategy. Work involves application of high- level management and leadership skills. Has deep understanding of information systems industry and emerging technologies and implications for the broad business environment.
- Champions change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas and supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Elicits and diagnoses strategic business requirements for initiatives and programs. Provides advice and counsel regarding effective system utilization to meet business requirements.
- Benchmark operations and KPIs against industry average. Identify areas for improvements and ways to improve (People, Process, Technology).
- Liaison with other internal groups (commercial, legal and privacy etc. BTS infrastructure) or 3rd parties to ensure end to end seamless customer interactions.
- Manage vendor relationship, periodic performance reviews, escalations, and influence product roadmap to AEI's interest.
- Ensure applications comply with required AbbVie IT controls and any other regulatory requirements, represent application during audits and assessments.
- Bachelors Degree. Degree
- 10+ years experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment, with a minimum of 9 years managing projects, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3-4 years supervisory and employee development experience. 2-3 years strategic IT planning experience.
- Able to understand and communicate the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and can analyze the risks of using or not using such technologies.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.