Data Management Senior Manager
Within Global Commercial Operations, we have the capabilities, resources, and strength of a global enterprise, while maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit that marked our early days as a biotechnology pioneer. We are committed to promoting and maintaining an inclusive, high-performing culture and encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments and ongoing career development.
The Data Management Senior Manager - Global Commercial MDM role will be responsible for driving the Master Data Management roadmap, data governance and data stewardship capabilities across global commercial organization.
- Develop and execute Global Commercial Master Data Management strategy and roadmap, including Customer, Affiliations, Product, Patients, Plan Payer & Consent Management domains
- Develop and execute ongoing Global Data Governance program for all Master Data domains to optimize workflows, build timely and accurate data enrichment processes, and ensure compliance
- Oversee data negotiation and requirements gathering process for all new master data sources across regions
- Ensure compliant operations and processing of all master data assets, ensuring adherence to Amgen privacy and compliance SOPs across all Master Data domains
- Collaborate across regions and enterprise functions with a focus on improving alignments and optimizing business processes by using master data
- Establish and lead ongoing Master Data operations across regions, including overseeing the onboarding and mastering of new data sets
- Develop and evolve end to end Data Quality strategy and supporting business processes across Commercial to promote high quality, dependable data
- Drive innovative solutions and automated dataflow and processes that deliver efficiencies across the commercial landscape
- Cross- Functional leadership and collaboration for all MDM initiatives, including all Commercial as well as other functions across the enterprise
- Collaborates with leadership team to understand industry trends; leads vendor evaluations to cultivate new strategic relationships with emerging data partners that will enrich Amgen's understanding of our customers and support analytics capabilities
- Ongoing vendor management, including large syndicated data suppliers of customer data; partnering with current strategic data vendors to generate further insight from current data assets
- Oversees procurement, integration, curation, and management of master data
- Responsible for the MDM (Master Data Management) systems, including operations, improvements, governance and crafting a roadmap that best meets the needs of the Commercial business
- Present to executive leadership on Master Data strategy, providing recommendations on how this data can be utilized to inform decisions
Doctorate degree and 2 years of data management, analytics, sales or marketing operations and/or value and access experience
Master's degree and 4 years of data management, analytics, sales or marketing operations and/or value and access experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of data management, analytics, sales or marketing operations and/or value and access experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of data management, analytics, sales or marketing operations and/or value and access experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of data management, analytics, sales or marketing operations and/or value and access experience
- Direct experience in analyzing data sets and translating data into information and insights
- Solid understanding Master Data Management best practices from a business perspective
- 3 or more years working closely with data management, and/or analytics functions in healthcare company or related industry experience
- Experience leading a business facing data management function, preferably MDM and establishing data stewardship and governance program to support business processes
- Experience critically evaluating processes and establishing creative solutions
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and success in a highly matrixed environment; strong oral/written presentation skills
- Demonstrated success as a team leader with strong team management skills
- Ability to present and communicate effectively to executive teams
- Strong project management skills, lead and manage projects from concept to completion in a matrixed and, at times, ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated self-starter, ability to work under limited supervision and coordinate multiple projects in a detail oriented environment
- Track record in successfully managing cross functional project teams
- Confidence in working with staff at all levels
- Experience working with key internal and external partners, establishing, communicating and managing teams to timelines and project targets
- Advanced skills and familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Utilization of project management tools, methodologies, and practices
- Quick learner, proactive, takes initiative, goal oriented and results driven
- Strong negotiation skills, active listening, and relationship management skills
- Ability to influence others while encouraging a value-based environment of high performance and fairness
- Demonstrates creativity and foresight in anticipating and solving complex project issues
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.