NPI Project Manager
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Leads Projects related to New Product Introductions (NPI) and New Business Opportunities from AbbVie's pipeline or from Third Party Customers. Lead and manage the front end planning, due diligence and technical feasibility assessments of potential new business opportunities resulting from our pipeline or from our relationships with Third Party Customers. The NPI Manager will be customer facing and responsible for all aspects of NPI programs, including transfer into the manufacturing site by leading multi-functional teams. To accomplish these objectives, the NPI Manager will work with a variety of key functions and stakeholders including: Research and Development, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Central MS & T, Engineering, Commercial, Brand Teams / Franchise, Commercial Operations
• Lead all aspects of NPI projects from strategic decisions, stakeholder management, scheduling, team meetings, budget, communication, and supplier / customer management
• Responsible for providing technical input, leading to shape the overall strategies for the front end planning, due diligence and technical feasibility assessments for potential New Products Introductions
• Set and lead NPI Site program strategy including stage and gate meetings, timelines to meet program objectives
• Works with Site Senior Management in the development and execution of the project development plan and governance body deliverables.
• Matrix management of a team of site operations personnel assigned to plan, implement and execute NPI projects
• Develop project team (s), charter, ground rules and project timelines. Develop and execute program-specific project and risk management plans (timelines, milestones, metrics, critical path) ensuring and appropriate escalation as needed.
• Develop and assess cost and resource projections for potential new business development opportunities and serve as point of contact
• Ensure consistency and compliance across all aspects of NPI programs
• Effective NPI projects oversight to ensure on time delivery of project(s) deliverables
• Minimum B.S. in a related field such as science, engineering, business, etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of total Pharmaceutical Industry experience or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of technical transfer and new product launch experience within Pharmaceutical Manufacture environment, including management of large complex programs and cross-functional teams preferred
• Strong knowledge in drug development process and pharmaceutical manufacturing process
• Knowledge of Quality and Supply Chain Systems
• Proven experience leading teams as a Project and Technical Transfer manager
• Proficient in project management skills, including budget, finance, cost accounting, and team management
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.