Senior Associate EHSS
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate EHSS
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital US Region role, you will be responsible for supporting program requirements across all functional areas of (EHSS) Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability for the Louisville, KY distribution site (LDC).
The Sr. Associate is expected to interact frequently with internal clients and spend time on the shop floor engaged in the operations of the facility. You will also be responsible to implement, manage, and monitor aspects of EHSS programs at the site level and manage competing priorities on a routine basis.
- Assist in the interpretation of EHSS regulations to ensure compliance with Corporate, Federal, State and local requirements.
- Develop and implement environmental compliance plans for programs such as air quality, storm water, wastewater treatment, hazardous waste management, pollution prevention and solid / waste management.
- Support and/or direct aspects of the site Environmental Sustainability programs.
- Perform EHSS inspections throughout the facility (facilities, warehouse, construction).
- Conduct internal reviews and audits to ensure that safety and environmental procedures are being followed.
- Perform job hazard analysis and support Industrial hygiene, ergonomic, LOTO, fall protection and other safety assessments.
- Participate in emergency response activities and be a member of the emergency team.
- Conduct and coordinate formal and informal environmental training for staff and contractors.
- Support EHSS reviews of new material acquisitions.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation.
- Identify and assist in implementing EHSS program improvement initiatives.
- Partner with all levels of internal client and site / corporate EHSS organizations.
- Act as an EHSS representative for internal client organizations.
- Assist in Accident / Incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Support / facilitate risk management tasks such as RCA, (FMEA) Failure Mode Effects Analysis, etc.
What we expect of you
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of EHSS or Manufacturing experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of EHSS or Manufacturing experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of EHSS or Manufacturing experience
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The vital Safety professional we seek has the following qualifications:
- BS degree in environmental, safety, technical, scientific, or engineering fields.
- 4+ years of experience developing/supporting EHSS programs in biotechnology / pharmaceutical / or industrial setting.
- Possess one or more professional credentials (CIH, CSP, ASP, CHMM, EIT).
- Basic understanding of (cGMP) Good Manufacturing Practices.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
- As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.