US Medical Director, External Engagement
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? Since 2013, Novartis Gene Therapies (formerly AveXis) has had one focus: bringing change to those devastated by genetic diseases.
The Novartis Gene Therapies culture embraces this mission. As a compassionate and dedicated team, we are enthusiastic about the science behind our work and finding answers to difficult questions. We are dedicated to communities affected by rare diseases, and these patients and families are the motivation for everything we do.
We have built a team with exceptional depth of experience, unified by a common vision; to develop gene therapies with the potential to positively impact the lives of the patients and families devastated by rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Though we are proud of what we have achieved to date, we remain relentlessly focused on making that vision a reality.
The US Medical Director, External Engagement, supports the development and execution of a consolidated US Medical Affairs strategy, medical/scientific communication plans, and the US medical education program. This role ensures that medical content and scientific results from studies are communicated in an accurate, timely, and compliant manner.
- Collects, distributes, and develops action plans for key insights related to Novartis' Gene Therapy programs.
- Leads the development and implementation of a US scientific communication platform and US publication plan in collaboration with the global medical affairs team, publication lead, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Explores, plans, and implements innovative communications solutions - including through digital channels - in order to address strategic and scientific gaps.
- Ensures alignment of cross-functional teams on scientific communication platforms and strategy.
- Leads strategy, planning and execution of the US Medical Education Program.
- Oversees congress strategy, planning and execution as it relates to the development of medical education content.
- Oversees US content contributions to the GTNetwork.
- Plans and executes advisory boards.
- Builds partnerships with professional organizations and key societies to drive SMA / GT awareness.
- Serves as the US Medial Affairs liaison for internal and external advocacy and government affairs partners.
- Leads the collection and dissemination of key insights related congresses, symposia, advisory boards and other scientific meetings.
- Provides analysis and intelligence related to competitive clinical and scientific programs.
- Performs critical analysis and synthesis of internal/external scientific data.
- Maintains in-depth understanding of the disease state, product, competitors, marketplace, related medical areas, and regulatory guidelines.
- Acts as a scientific expert matter for the US external and internal stakeholders.
- Interface and effectively collaborate with external stakeholders and internal cross-functional teams.
- Represents medical affairs in relevant cross-functional teams and task forces.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree, (MD, PhD, or PharmD) with 7 years relevant medical Affairs within bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in planning a medical communications tactics.
- Deep understanding of the strategic role medical education and communication.
- Proven strategic thinking and the ability to assimilate and interpret scientific content and translate information for appropriate audience.
- Knowledgeable of US and international regulations, requirements, and guidance associated with scientific publications, including GPPE, ICMJE recommendations, and the development and documentation of compliant material with understanding of Datavision.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to complete writing assignments in a timely manner with minimal oversight.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Travel up to 30%.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and employee recognition scheme are some of the benefits you will receive as an employee of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.