Associate Director, Program Management (Fabry)
4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT) is a gene therapy company with a transformative discovery platform—Therapeutic Vector Evolution—that enables our “disease first” approach to product discovery and development, thereby allowing us to customize our AAV vectors to target specific tissue types associated with the underlying disease.
4DMT is focused on attracting and retaining the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers uniquely generous benefits, and provides challenging opportunities for career development. Join us in creating the ultimate gene therapy products to cure genetic diseases in children and adults. 4D Molecular Therapeutics, located in Emeryville, CA.
The Associate Director, Program Management, will be responsible for providing tactical and strategic program management working closely with the clinical leaders and one or more cross-functional clinical-stage program team(s). This role is specific for the Fabry disease program which has Fast Track designation in the United States and plans to initiate clinical trials in Taiwan in 2021.
Ideal candidates will exhibit strength in communication and team leadership to succeed in a role that is highly cross-functional and broadly engaged across our rapidly growing organization. The ideal candidate will bring strong clinical-stage program management expertise and familiarity with the full drug development process and the ability to build and deploy tools and best practices to drive successful products to approval. The Associate Director will guide clinical-stage program(s) through key development milestones and decision points and will be responsible for managing the overall program timelines, budgets, and risks. The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader with the breadth of professional experience and the drive to work with internal partners to define and implement effective program management plans. The candidate must have the ability to work in a highly matrixed and cross-functional organization against tight deadlines. The role reports directly to the VP, Program Management Office (PMO).
- Cross-functional Program Management_75% of time
- Proactively manage and drive clinical programs to targeted milestones through cross-functional program team engagement
- Partner with all members of cross-functional program team(s) to establish program goals, milestones, budget, and timelines.
- Publish and communicate the program and risk status (e.g., goals, timelines, resources, budget, etc.) to the senior management
- Track key program milestones and monitor interdependencies between functions
- Manage stakeholders, including external partners and key collaborators where applicable
- Manage changes to program plans, including but not limited to, proactive program impact/risk assessments prior to change implementation
- Budget, Goals, and Upper Management Reporting_10% of time
- Management of full program budget working with the PMO, finance and program team in yearly budget and update cycles
- Reporting of timelines and milestones, risks, and risk mitigation strategies to upper management
- PMO Contribution_15% of time
- Contribute to strategic PMO planning activities and participate as an active PM team member
- Cross-collaboration and advisement with 4DMT Program Managers as additional programs approach clinic
- Willingness to contribute time to other programs or working groups as bandwidth allows
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in an applicable field
- Advanced degree in science or business preferred
- PMP certification a plus
- 8+ years industry experience, including 5+ years in Program Management or related function
- Track record of managing development programs through all clinical phases of development
- Experience in cross-functional team management
- Experience in gene or cell therapy highly desired
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and influence team members, peers, subject matter experts, and management
- Strong organizational skills
- A drive for mapping and executing the critical path toward key milestones
- Ability to assess development paths and identify key risks and recommend options for creative mitigation strategies
- Demonstration of strategic thinking and high-level planning
- Ability to foster the qualities of a high-performing team
- MS Project application experience or equivalent (Clarizen, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor and ability to communicate in person and virtually
4DMT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities