Data Engineering Lead
The Data Enablement and Analytics team, a newly established function within the PMPD (Preclinical Manufacturing and Process Development) organization, is striving to streamline and integrate data management and analytics/science from end to end. We are seeking an Associate Manager who will be responsible for leading the PMPD data engineering efforts, the integration of data from various sources across PMPD operations to make data available and usable for data analytics and timely decision making. In this role you will empower PMPD with valued-focused data engineering solutions to maximize the value of data assets, meet immediate business needs and build data capabilities for the future.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
Deliver Data Engineering Solutions aligned with Business Goals and Priorities
- Lead identification, prioritization, implementation, and replication of data engineering solutions for PMPD functions to address compelling business needs
- Design, develop, and maintain the data platform, which includes the data infrastructure, data applications, data warehouse, and data pipelines.
- Work closely with data management, data analytics teams and PMPD functions to advance data/digital infrastructure and digitalize process development
- Improve the communication, integration and automation of data flows between data managers, data engineers, data scientists and data consumers to enable efficient solution delivery
- Build DataOps (Data Operations) and data catalog capabilities to improve data governance, access, integration, curation, quality and preparation for analytics consumption
Strengthening Partnership and Supporting Change Management
- Partner with PMPD, IT and IOPS (Industrial Operations and Product Supply) to implement unified data management and infrastructure to advance data, analytics and digital maturity
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to deliver a consistent engagement model and support program and project execution through a structured and agile solution delivery process
- Support change management and help the organization embrace and adopt changes associated with operationalizing the PMPD data strategy
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors industry trends in data infrastructure, data architecture and data engineering; Assesses, develops and implements data integration tools
- Prepares regular reports and communications related to activities and collaborations, including deliverables, resource needs, schedules, and key dependencies.
- Leads distributed data engineers in effectively defining and managing programs/projects and enable team(s) to deliver on key objectives
- May acquire direct reports as the Data Enablement and Analytics team continues to grow to meet the increasing demand for transforming data to value in PMPD
- Holds team(s) accountable and provides ongoing, constructive feedback on progress aligned with the team goals
This Job Might Be For You If:
- You enjoy innovating in a multi-faceted and cross-functional setting
- You thrive in a team-based, collaborative environment
- You possess a solution-oriented attitude
To be considered for this role, you must have a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems or related disciplines, with 5+ years of experience in Data Engineering. Good understanding of biologics manufacturing processes and associated data sources, integration, aggregation and consumption needs. Extensive experience in building and optimizing data pipelines and architectures according to ISA-95 Standard. Experience with integrating data from various IT/OT systems. Experience in SQL query authoring and APIs. Proficiency in at least one of these programming languages, e.g. Python, R, JAVA or Scala. Understanding of database, data lake and data warehouse design principles. Familiarity with AWS, Hadoop distributed system, Spark data processing system or Kafka real-time data ecosystem a plus. High-level understanding of advanced analytics, in-silico modeling, AI/ML, Process Analytical Technology (PAT), process and equipment health monitoring, Advanced Process Control (APC) and associated software platforms.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.