Senior Associate, Process Science
Biospace has partnered with our client, a therapeutics company that designs gene circuits and programs cells for tremendous therapeutic value to hire a Senior Associate to join our Process Development group for cell therapy programs. A successful applicant will have prior experience with process development and scale up of gene modified cell therapies and be comfortable in a fast moving and nimble culture. Applicants should be familiar with culturing expanded allogeneic and autologous cell products, familiar with pre-clinical process development and GMP tech transfer to a CDMO, and adept at analytical methods and assays.
- Contribute to process development for cell therapy development programs, including natural killer (NK cells), mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs), CAR-T cells and other therapeutic cell modalities.
- Perform transductions on primary human cells via viral vectors and other gene delivery methods.
- Heavy process optimization efforts to increase process robustness, improve transduction efficiency, cell yield and purity.
- Independently perform experiments on process conditions and raw material qualification.
- Develop genetically modified cells under quality-controlled conditions suitable for transfer to a GMP facility.
- Collaborate with research teams on relevant product characterization assays (Flow Cytometry, ELISA , Luminex based assays and PCR)
- Help design and execute experiments with great attention to detail.
- Maintain accurate lab records and notebooks.
- Author protocols, reports and standard operating procedure documents.
- Present results in team meetings and deliver presentation to both small and large groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cell & Molecular Biology or related life science field.
- 3-4 years of process development experience, industry setting preferred.
- Prior experience drafting SOPs and working with Quality Systems.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture including both adherent and suspension cells.
- Proficiency with flow cytometry strongly preferred.
- Ability to design and execute experiments with minimal technical supervision.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be a team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms.
- Prism and Flowjo
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.