Scientist - Antibody Engineering
We are the leading technology provider for antibody-based drug discovery, focusing solely on our partners without pursuing an internal product pipeline. Since 2009, we have partnered with over 75 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, generating more than 340 therapeutic programs, of which 40 have entered clinical trials. Our technology has been transferred and implemented at Biogen, GSK, Lilly, Merck, Novo Nordisk, and Takeda. Funded discovery partners include leading pharmaceutical companies, such as Boehringer Ingelheim, Celgene, Genentech, Gilead, Kyowa Hakko Kirin, Novartis, Roche, Sanofi, and others. We have also partnered with many early-stage venture-backed companies, including Amagma, Cullinan Oncology, Dragonfly, Pliant, Tizona, iTeos, and others, as well as mid- size public biopharmaceutical companies such as Acceleron, Alector, Five Prime, Innovent, Jounce, Mersana, Scholar Rock, Seattle Genetics, Surface Oncology, and others.
Our integrated antibody discovery and engineering platform provides unprecedented speed from antigen to purified, full-length human IgGs. We offer fundamental advantages by delivering diverse panels of therapeutically relevant antibodies that meet the most demanding standards for affinity, epitope coverage, species cross-reactivity, and developability. We enable our partners to rapidly expand their biologics pipelines through a broad spectrum of technology access arrangements.
We are seeking a focused and enthusiastic scientist to join our Antibody Engineering group. The successful candidate will have prior experience in antibody discovery and engineering, display technologies (yeast, phage, or mammalian), and knowledge of antibody developability considerations. Specific application areas for this role include executing Adimab’s discovery platform on funded discovery projects, including cell selections for membrane proteins, and optimization and characterization of primary and optimized lead antibodies. In addition, platform technology development is expected.
- Execute Adimab’s antibody discovery and optimization platform and coordinate projects with Adimab’s collaborators and partners
- Further extend and optimize Adimab’s proprietary yeast display technology
- Interpret data and present work at both internal and external meetings
Needed upon hire
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field, or equivalent level of industry experience relevant for this role
- Hands-on experience with antibody discovery and engineering
- Familiarity with display systems (yeast, phage, or mammalian)
- Adaptable and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly with colleagues and supervisors
- Strong track record of research accomplishments with two or more scientific journal publications
- Demonstrated independent thought, creativity, and enthusiasm
Come join us!
As a profitable privately-held biotech company, we take a long-term view on value creation and make substantial investments in technology development, research, and our people. We proudly promote meritocracy and reward employees who are productive, use their resources wisely, and make meaningful contributions to the team. We offer individually tailored compensation packages comprised of a competitive salary, meaningful equity, a 2:1 401(k) match, and comprehensive health care benefits.
Located in New Hampshire’s beautiful Upper Connecticut River Valley, we are minutes from Dartmouth College, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, the Tuck School of Business, and the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. We are fortunate to be situated in an area that is renowned for its premier skiing, hiking, and biking.