Research Scientist/Sr Research Scientist Assay Development & High-Throughput Screening
Immunome, Inc. (Nasdaq: IMNM) is a biotechnology company utilizing a proprietary human memory B cell platform to discover and develop first-in-class antibody therapeutics, with a focus on oncology and infectious diseases including COVID-19. We have an ambitious vision and a growing pipeline of novel antibody product candidates discovered through our proprietary antibody discovery engine. To help achieve our mission, we seek a highly motivated professional who shares our passion for discovery, development and commercialization of monoclonal antibody therapies to improve patients’ lives.
The RS/SRS reports to the Sr Director of High-Throughput Screening and Automation and is an important member of the Automation and Screening team. The RS/SRS is a versatile and motivated team player who possesses a broad array of technical skills and proficiencies. Primary responsibilities include mammalian cell culture (maintenance and cell banking), routing high-throughput screening of hybridoma libraries, biochemical and cell-based assay development, flow cytometry and complex data analysis. Additionally, this individual has experience working with and around automated liquid handling systems.
- Broad knowledge of assay development and optimization; diversified technical expertise in (but not limited to): mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, protein purification, biochemical and cell-based assays, etc.
- Support hybridoma generation efforts by performing routine high-throughput screening of antibody libraries across multiple assay paradigms (cell-based and biochemical assays).
- Optimize, validate, and troubleshoot screening assay for robustness, sensitivity, reproducibility; convert assays into HTP screening format.
- Maintenance and transfer of mammalian cell cultures (immortal and primary cell lines); creation of cell banks and cell lysate preparations.
- Work closely with external vendors and business partners regarding services, new technologies and instrumentation.
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data at group meetings and other company meetings.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years relevant experience or an advanced degree with 1-2 years of applicable experience in Biology, Immunology, or other Life Sciences.
- Proactive, confident, and highly self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal communication and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific data.
Required/Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- General understanding and execution of automated workstreams and instrumentation.
- Ability to perform routine screening and data analysis; demonstrated commitment to delivering high quality results.
- Possess a versatile approach to antibody discovery platform; ability to adapt quickly to ever-changing priorities and to learn and perform cross-functional tasks.
- Ability to work independently, to assume accountability and continuously seeking opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning; ability to overcome challenges.
- Effective collaboration style; cooperation with fellow project members following priorities, checheckpoints, and timelines in support of objectives.