Associate Scientist Tumor Immunology
PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical-stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient's individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast-paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world's premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist Tumor Immunology who will report to the Director of Tumor Immunology and continue advancing PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
What you will do:
The person in this role will be responsible for performing immunological assays and contributing to discovery research programs for next-generation T cell therapies for cancer. The candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment and will collaborate with a larger cross-disciplinary team of immunologists, biologists, engineers, and bio-informaticians.
- Perform ex vivo T cell functional assays according to established procedures
- Perform flow cytometry, ELISA, cell culture, and other cell-based assays
- Experience with molecular biology
- Contribute to generating pre-clinical data to support IND filing
- Accurately document experimental procedures and data in electronic lab notebooks
- Analyze and compile data; communicate research findings to the group and company in the form of written reports and/or oral presentations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience if holding a master’s degree and 6+ years of experience if holding a bachelor’s degree
- Experience with culturing primary human cells and/or cell lines
- Experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, and cell-based assays
- Working knowledge of common molecular techniques such as PCR, cloning, RNA extraction, and CRISPR/Cas9
- Able to follow detailed procedures
- Ability to focus on deliverables and have demonstrated the ability to prioritize time-sensitive objectives
- Adept at working independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent organizational skills and able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in the form of written reports
- Experience with R/Python and analysis of large scale transcriptomic and epigenetic datasets (e.g. from scRNAseq, ATAC-seq, and/or CITE-seq)
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.