Director, IT Value Management
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Provides leadership, vision and direction for BTS Value Management function. Owns the IT financial management (ITFM) program, partnering with Finance and the BTS leadership team to expand our ITFM frameworks and metrics to ensure the IT organization is delivering value to the enterprise at the right cost, with excellent execution, and high customer satisfaction. Provides the organization with an accurate, transparent and complete view of spending for all IT resources, leveraging best practices for cost-effective oversight of IT assets and systems. Responsible to review IT costs/cost structures for IT products, services and systems against industry benchmarks. Measures service value performance and owns financial reporting & analytics for critical BTS operations.
- Provide transparency to the cost and value of IT products, services and systems; ensuring spend is aligned to corporate goals and budget to run IT as a business
- Support the establishment and maintenance of the IT annual budget plan by providing transparency to spend details as aligned to business capabilities and IT services
- Identify key systems and data points that can be correlated to enable clear and actionable information around BTS service value and financial performance
- Develop & implement comprehensive data collection for service performance tracking & reporting to drive actions across BTS
- Monitor service performance execution and the realization of annual savings plan across BTS
- Identify and inform the charge-back, charge-forward, and show-back practices with a focus to bring visibility to the value BTS provides
- Partner with Finance to develop monthly, quarterly and annual reporting summaries prepared for
- Executive Management on service value and financial performance
- Develop practices to ensure ROI for the investment made in BTS; driving improvements in demand and financial management to prioritize BTS initiatives with a focus on business impact
- Support FP&A and Accounting with month/quarter/annual financial close process for the IT business and lead the performance and development of a team of BTS professionals
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in financial planning and analytics, business analysis, business informatics, reporting, data visualization, reporting automation or data process improvement
- Effective operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways
- Ability to analyze complex scenarios and processes and effectively integrate and synthesize the data to form a complete & cohesive picture, viable alternatives and actionable in-sights
- Proficient in developing presentations to facilitate meaningful discussions, with clearly communicated analysis, findings, and impact
- Impeccable attention to detail, analytical acumen, verbal and written communication skills along with a passion for excellence
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, practices and procedures including working knowledge of SAP ECC
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience is preferred
- The CIO
- BTS leadership team and staff
- Finance controllership
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.