Field Application Specialist – Biopharma (Bay Area - California - West Coast)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
3M’s Biopharmaceutical Purification Business Unit (BPBU) is a leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of innovative solutions for separation, clarification, and purification of biopharmaceuticals around the world. Our products are designed to address critical needs in the processing and purification of therapeutics for a variety of indications.
As a Field Application Specialist – Biopharma, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Working in the Biopharmaceutical Purification business cross-functional team (including Global Key Accounts) to drive growth through collaborations with customers and external industry experts to implement manufacturing purification solutions based on the innovative integration of multiple differentiated 3M product platforms
- Providing product application engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the 3M product portfolio
- Becoming a regional US West Coast bioprocessing leader in the industry through extensive collaborations across 3M’s customer base and elevate 3M’s visibility and reputation through joint publications, presentations, and industry participation
- Working across the relevant 3M organizations to provide customer insights, support customer-centric sales and marketing activities, and champion upcoming product evaluations at customer sites
This position requires driving a company vehicle, which will require pre-employment and ongoing review of motor vehicle history for candidates who are offered and hired for this position.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Four (4) years industrial bioprocessing experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience in recombinant protein purification and/or biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes and technologies
- Have authored technical papers and oral professional conference presentations
- Current, Valid Driver’s license which is required for this position, as you will be issued a company vehicle for this position
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Four (4) years hands-on experience in recombinant protein biopharmaceutical process development at pre-clinical and clinical stages of development (biopharma PD, MSAT, or supplier side)
- Working knowledge of advanced modality bioprocessing such as gene and cell therapy
- Implementation of new bioprocess technologies in clinical stage biopharma manufacturing processes
- Customer facing experience in the bioprocess technology market
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic/international
Relocation: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.