TSR is a premier national U.S. staffing company with over 50 years of staffing excellence.
Our client, a leading Pharmaceutical Company, is hiring a Metrology Technician for a 6 month+ contract.
Work Location: Devens, MA
Shift: 12 hour shift (6am-6pm or 6pm-6am)
- Performs, as needed, a variety of installation, calibration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair duties on complex laboratory, process and utility instrumentation, working closely with the Maintenance, Operations and Automation groups, in a Paperless work environment, following SOPs in a cGMP facility.
- Assists in qualification activities related to instrumentation and calibration.
- Participates in cross functional teams to support business needs.
- Monitors instrument diagnostics through Rosemount’s A.M.S. Software and planning corrective/predictive maintenance around instrument needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S. in science, engineering, biochemistry, related discipline, or its equivalent.
- A minimum of four years of experience applying the knowledge, principles, and practices relevant to calibration and instrumentation.
- Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected.
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications.
- Computer literate in Maximo or similar computer based calibration program highly desirable.
- Knowledge of principles/practices relevant to calibration and instrumentation.
- General understanding of operating principles of industrial instrumentation and control systems.
- General knowledge of P&IDs control theories and techniques and have ability to read, interpret, and troubleshoot engineering drawings, P&IDs, and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of basic relay ladder logic, programmable logic controllers, and distributed control systems preferred.
- Knowledge of DeviceNet and Foundation Fieldbus instrumentation, DeltaV distributed control system, and Rosemount’s A.M.S. Software preferred.
- Knowledge of both calibration and maintenance of instrumentation on biotech manufacturing equipment.