Lead Flight Attendant
Lead Flight Attendant
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About us Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. About the Role Gilead is seeking a Lead Flight Attendant to join a close-knit team based out of the San Jose Airport. This key position reports directly to the Captain during the assigned flight and administratively to the Chief Pilot on all other matters. Key Responsibilities: Responsibilities for this key role include but are not limited to:
- Assume responsibility for and provide supervision to, all full-time and contract Flight Attendants;
- Work with the Training Manager to schedule recurring and initial flight attendant training schedules with approved vendors;
- Schedule line evaluations;
- Maintain accurate passenger profiles;
- Develop and administer the training budget;
- Ensure that Gilead Sciences flight operation training is at the highest industry standards;
- Implement, maintain, and participate in the Safety Management System. Duties :
- Assume quality control oversight over the aircraft cabin;
- Develop and maintain detailed passenger and cabin equipment SOPs;
- Develop a training program that is aligned with BASC, CFR, Gilead Sciences FOM requirements and industry best practices;
- Liaise with the Training Manager for all flight attendant training records and line evaluations;
- Prepare detailed procedures for passenger service to include food and beverage preparation and operation of cabin entertainment and telecommunications equipment;
- Coordinate and develop cabin equipment and cabin service training for all full time and contract Flight Attendants;
- Responsible for the hangar aircraft commissary and works closely with vendors to maintain supplier relationships;
- Work with the Training Manager to ensure that all training requirements for full time and contract Flight Attendants has been completed in accordance with FOM specifications;
- Perform supervisory functions for all full time Flight Attendants, including performance management, professional development and trip report review;
- Manage Flight Attendant scheduling for all flights, determines vacation and hard day off schedules and communicate with Flight Attendants when necessary to resolve problems regarding schedule changes or conflicts;
- Assist GSOPS with full time and contract Flight Attendant scheduling;
- Work with the Executive Director of Aviation on the selection and staffing of new hires for all full time and contract Flight Attendants;
- Assume any duties delegated by the Chief Pilot and/or PIC. Experience/ Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Has a minimum of five years' experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant;
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Has a college degree (preferred);
- First Aid Training Certification, including CPR and Tempus.
- Has extensive knowledge and training in aircraft safety procedures; the use of aircraft safety equipment to include first aid kits, oxygen equipment, survival equipment, Tempus and the AED;
- Has extensive knowledge of meal planning, safe food storage and handling, and catering procurement from international and domestic destinations;
- Possesses advanced administrative, communication, and aircraft safety skills necessary to coordinate with the aircrew and attend to passenger needs.
- Experience in the Gulfstream G650 and/or Falcon 2000 (preferred)
- Flight attendant specific training from Flight Safety, FACTs or similar is preferred. Annual recurrent training is required. Preference shown to candidates who have completed Flight Safety, FACTs or similar training within the past 12 months.
- Available to fly on short notice (4-hour response if on standby)
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status)
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
Gilead Core Values:Integrity (Doing What's Right);Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity);Teamwork (Working Together);Excellence (Being Your Best);Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility).
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.