Senior Software Engineer
By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
ProteinSimple is part of the Protein Platforms division of Bio-Techne (NASDAQ: TECH). We're rethinking protein tools and helping thousands of researchers around the world resolve their protein analysis problems so they can reveal new insight into proteins and their role in disease. Software is vital to our success in developing award winning bio-tech instruments for the life sciences industry. Our product development team is making products that are drastically changing how scientists and researchers use tools to become more productive. Use your strong knowledge of Java and the Eclipse plug-in architecture to expand the capability of our instrument systems. You will collaborate with other software engineers and scientists in the development of analytical applications, working on design of graphical data presentations, algorithms, device communications, and complex data workflows. We are offering an opportunity to work with state of the art software/hardware technologies amongst a very creative, motivated, and talented team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of sections of the product and will be involved in all aspects of the development cycle: planning, scoping, design, coding and testing using an agile process. More specifically, you will work heavily in Java in order to develop commercial software for our expanding life sciences instrumentation portfolio. To be successful, you must be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write efficient, reliable and maintainable code. The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with the product development team is also essential to this role. The ideal Senior Software Engineer will also have a background in the life sciences or medical device industry and/or demonstrated interest in biology or a related life sciences field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience developing commercial software.
- Experience with multiple complete software development product life cycles from concept to development and product testing and final release.
- Proficient and demonstrable design and coding skills in Java.
- Proficient and demonstrable design and coding skills in Python.
- Solid understanding of UI patterns for software development (MVC, MVP, MVVM)
- Experience working with Linux and Windows.
- Strong overall data analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills and team-work orientation.
- Java Eclipse plug-in development.
- Development of Eclipse Rich Client Platform applications a big plus
- Experience with Python, Qt, and web based application development
- Statistics and signal processing
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of molecular biology/scientific instrumentation
- Prior experience working in the life sciences or medical device industry
- GMP/21 CFR Part 11 software applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field (e.g. Physics, Mathematics)