Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The Blavatnik Fellowship at Yale is designed to identify promising scientists and business people with a passion for biomedical entrepreneurship, to provide a hands-on experience for building their entrepreneurial skills, while simultaneously providing mentorship and professional development responsibilities. Building on the prior success of trainee programs currently running at Yale, which engage both graduate students in the life sciences as well as MBA students, this proposal seeks to leverage those efforts and position the Blavatnik Fellow as the “highest station” in the graduate fellowship ecosystem. This is a one-year fellowship.
The advancement of pharmaceutical and biomedical technologies towards the market requires the sustained involvement of both scientific innovators as well as entrepreneurial business leaders who can rationally assess and de-risk new approaches. Now entering its second year at Yale, the Blavatnik Life Science Fellowship seeks to engage young professionals with advanced training in the life sciences and business, to further catalyze Yale’s new venture ecosystem in close partnership with Yale faculty innovators.
Projects may include but are not limited to: assisting faculty and OCR staff in developing more complete development plans for potential funding by the Blavatnik Fund; conducting independent analyses of the market potential of new life science technologies; partnering with specific faculty on high potential projects; and overseeing the timely completion of project work conducted by external contract research organizations. Consistently communicate with the various project teams and key stakeholders, via written or face-to-face communication, to ensure they are fully informed of the project's progression. The Fellows will also be actively engaged in the Yale Innovation Summit in May, the key event of the entire calendar year for the Yale community to interact with investors and other like-minded visitors.
Required Education and Experience:
Masters’ Degree and three years of experience in biopharma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Critical/strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate a team-based approach to complete projects with tact and diplomacy, while interacting with internal and external contacts and staff at all levels.
- Proven ability to work successfully within a team environment and as an individual contributor. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Flexibility to adjust work schedule to allow for team priorities to be met.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects concurrently while balancing competing priorities and deadlines. Possess extreme flexibility in work focus. Proven ability to switch among several different projects without any adverse effects.
- Comfortable and confident enough to manage projects that are outside one’s current area of expertise. Willing to learn new things and ask questions to obtain required information. Ability to redirect efforts to stay on course, resolve conflict and provide the voice of reason when necessary.
- Preferred Education and Experience: PhD in life sciences, MD, or MBA with experience evaluating commercialization opportunities. Acumen in life sciences to effectively interface with aa variety of faculty exploring novel concepts in therapeutics, diagnostics, & medical devices. Research/experience in a health-related field. Experience in project management or interfacing with external contract research organizations. Minimum 7 years post grad study work experience.
Application: Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.