2021 Experiential Internship - S&T
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- BioProcess Development : The department's mission is to design, deliver and support the biologics manufacturing process for AbbVie's pipeline and partnered products through clinical development and commercial life cycle with quality, speed, and manufacturing excellence. This is achieved through a focus on targeted product quality, CMC acceleration, people development, and efficient workflows.
Protein Analytics : responsibilities include development of analytical methods for transfer to Quality Control and performance of extended characterization of proteins using state-of-the-art instrumentation for evaluation of primary, secondary and tertiary structures of proteins.The department also supports development activities of the other groups within the S&T organization and provides analytical support for late-stage,R&D, anddiscovery projects. The S&T Experiential Internship Program is a paid summer opportunity that provides students with robust projects based on business need. Students will do meaningful work that has a real impact on our business and patients worldwide. All all degrees are accepted.
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- BS/BA student
- Minimum GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- School and/or work experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.