Manager, USMA Field Tools
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The USMA Tools manager is responsible for acting as liaison between Medical Operations, BTS, Training, OEC, Legal, CA&O COE, and Therapeutic Area Infield and Inhouse teams to oversee the design, deployment, training, communications, and management of the Field Force Automation Tools. This position drives field force effectiveness through strategic partnership with the Franchise business units to identify compliant systems solutions and enhancements, streamline processes, and increase Infield Medical effectiveness in alignment with the Therapeutic Area strategies. This position is the subject matter expert on system compliance related work streams and business processes that relate to field force activities.
Business Unit Management:
- SME and Key Point of Contact for National Medical Directors, MSL/MOSL Field Medical Directors and in house Scientific Directors and other Therapeutic Area Leads, as needed.
- Support the on-boarding of any new teams, as well as new hires/transfers into existing teams.
- Lead coordinated efforts with the Therapeutic Areas and Infield Medical Leadership for list of values leveraged in the system, segmentation, discussion guides and other infield team effectiveness initiatives to improve infield strategic execution.
- Design, Testing, and Deployment for on-going Veeva CRM releases and enhancements.
- Coordinating across the Therapeutic Areas, BTS, OEC and Legal to ensure business requirements are well defined and approved; development of project plans for systems and business deployment steps, and deployment is coordinated and managed with Medical Operations and Infield Medical Leadership.
- Develop and maintain business rule requirements and ensure functional requirements document is updated and correct per the business needs for use by BTS to ensure impactful system updates are deployed accurately and efficiently.
- Proactive engagement with Inhouse Therapeutic Area Leaders, Medical Operations Leadership and Infield Medical users to provide system enhancement/business process recommendations. Level 2 support for Help Desk Cases and root cause analysis and investigation of systems related issues.
- Create processes and documentation to ensure strong technical support for CRM application users, including: US Field Medical users, Regulatory, Legal, OEC, and US Medical Affairs Operations, and others as needed including management of knowledgebase for the Field Helpdesk.
- Cross functional leadership across CA&O Field Operations, Training, Global MedComms, and Commercial BTS to roll out projects in scope and on-time.
- Develops project plans that integrate and align with cross departmental processes and other projects and provides innovative solutions to overcome project hurdles.
- Acts as a resource to provide innovative solutions to mitigate risks, manage competing customer priorities, facilitate contingency plans, maximize cost-effective resource utilization, and improve field force effectiveness.
Communications and Training
- Develop communication and training plans for system enhancements to ensure effective change management.
- Present at IFTC, provide support during field meetings and present systems capabilities to key internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, technical, or health-related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry, specific experience with iinfield activities, roles and behaviors with a strong customer and operations focus preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in developing, deploying, and managing effective IT systems, quality control procedures, and comfort in directing complex analytics
- 5+ years of experience in supporting the implementation of new technology related systems and processes and/or project management.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously with sense of urgency.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, and SharePoint. Proficient with Excel advanced features for data analysis, reports, macros, pivot tables and lookup tables.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and execute innovative, creative solutions
- Excellent business acumen, understanding of Compliance, Legal, Med/Reg drivers and guidance.
- Ability to clearly and confidently articulate complex and difficult concepts.
- Master's degree in business, IT or science preferred.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, compliance regulations and standards preferred.
- Veeva/Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g.CFR 210/211, cGMP)
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.