Project Controls Senior Manager - Estimating
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. At Amgen our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together-researching, manufacturing and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It's time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Project Controls Senior Manager - Estimating
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role will report directly to the Director Project Controls, Engineering and as a key member of the Front-End Planning Team, you will leverage analytics to provide insights to assist in driving department strategy.
The Project Controls organization provides leadership globally in supporting all aspects of project controls to optimize the total cost of ownership of Amgen physical assets and ensures compliance to processes. Project controls supports and holds a responsibility of the Engineering Project Delivery providing standardized delivery from investment life cycle management, funding, planning, design, execution, and closeout.
The organization is responsible for providing strategic support for project planning, funding, estimating, cost control management, scheduling, forecasting, bench marking, project risk, contract strategy, and compliance of engineering processes for capital projects globally. Project controls works with many clients accomplishing this support through responsibility of the Engineering Project Delivery Process (EPD), and Lean Project Delivery. Project controls also coordinates internal audits and assists in identifying compliance risks.
- Participates in the planning of projects from conception to close-out
- Prepares Estimates and Benchmarks for projects
- Develops and Maintains Estimating, and Benchmarking Means Methods and Data Bases
- Leverages analytics to provide insights and strategy
- Leverages Digital Technologies to drive project planning
- Reviews project change orders and assists with problem solving
- Exhibits proactive safety leadership and behavior
- Supports innovation across the Engineering organization
Domestic / International travel up to 30% (including overnight stays)
The position will initially start off remotely, however once site return to work it will be based onsite.
What we expect of you
Doctorate Degree and 2 years of Engineering or Operations experience
Master's Degree and 4 years of Engineering or Operations experience
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of Engineering or Operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of Engineering or Operations experience
High School Diploma / GED and 12 years of Engineering or Operations experience
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The vital Engineering professional we seek has these qualifications:
- 10+ years of engineering experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/Engineering industry in project controls (Funding, Estimating, Cost Management, Scheduling, Audit)
- 5+ years of experience in preparing construction project estimates
- Expertise in preparing all types of construction estimates from conceptual through detailed estimates
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across the network
- Knowledge of project controls with expertise in engineering
- Understanding scope control by target value design and cost and schedule management
- Development and reporting of project cost, schedule, and cash flow
- Analysis and accurate review of engineering / construction cost forecasts against scope
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.