Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of therapeutic molecules. The current role is for a Scientist with deep expertise in virology, vectorology, molecular biology, and mammalian cell biology who will join our platform engineering team. The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Work closely with a core engineering team to creatively design, rapidly build, and efficiently screen AAV vectors for the optimal delivery of genome editing tools to CNS tissues.
- Design and execute hypothesis-driven and properly controlled studies, analyze data with rigorous statistics, and write up publication quality reports.
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- A PhD in Virology, Cell or Molecular Biology, Neuroscience or related discipline. 1+ years experience in a post-doctorate or in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Experience in designing and implementing AAV vectors for delivery to the CNS.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of AAV biology
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas gene editing system, preferably in the context of delivery by AAV vectors to the CNS.
- Advanced expertise in the latest molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Expertise in use of mammalian cell reporter systems, screening in human cells, and readout by FACS and NGS analysis.
- Expertise in molecular biology, RNA and protein analysis (e.g. qPCR, RT-qPCR, Western, etc.)
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Scribe is an early-stage biotech startup developing the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment. If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you!