Scientist, Single Cell Sequencing Assay Development
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking creative and passionate individuals to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR therapeutics. The current role will add to our teams establishing high-throughput CRISPR-based functional assays to dissect the human genome, screen genome-editing molecules, and advance our research programs. The candidates will have ample opportunities for professional growth, including opportunities to lead research teams, and publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals.
- Developing and implementing new ideas and assays for high-throughput single-cell genomic and transcriptomic experiments, with a focus on analysis of target-specific transcript levels.
- Adaptation of new cutting-edge single-cell genomics and transcriptomic technologies towards clinically relevant questions and developing these techniques towards optimized and standardized methods.
- Analyzing large/diverse single-cell datasets in close collaboration with computationally focused teammates.
- Follow-through of individual targets, including CRISPR-mediated target dissection, and downstream effects on disease-relevant cells.
- Work closely with a core engineering team
- Design and execute hypothesis-driven and properly controlled studies, analyze data with rigorous statistics, and write up publication quality reports.
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates and communicate research plans and timelines to the senior leadership team.
- Effectively collaborate with members within a fully integrated team to facilitate execution on projects within established timelines.
- Seamlessly interface and coordinate with other teams at Scribe to accomplish common goals.
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience working in an academic or industry lab, with a proven track record of hands-on experience developing single-cell analysis methods and workflows.
- Experience with next-generation sequencing techniques is a must, with experience in single-cell RNA-seq methods (e.g. Smartseq2, 10X) highly preferred.
- Familiarity with computational biology tools, and experience working with computational biologists to solve problems. Experience with single-cell computational biology methods is highly preferred.
- Ability to leverage genetic (e.g. CRISPR) and other methods to interrogate target biology.
- Advanced expertise in the latest molecular and cellular biology techniques.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you!
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds.
Scribe is an early-stage biotech startup developing the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. We are a dynamic team of energetic, creative, world-class experts who are looking for like-minded passionate colleagues to enable the future of genetic medicine.