Scientist, Assay development and RNA biology
Scribe Therapeutics is seeking a highly creative, passionate, and motivated individual to join us in our quest to develop the next generation of CRISPR systems to treat the underlying cause of genetic diseases. The current role is for a Scientist with expertise in assay development, mammalian cell biology, and RNA biology. The candidate will have numerous opportunities for professional growth in a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up, which includes growing into a leadership role of increasing responsibilities and the ability to publish highly impactful work in peer reviewed journals. We will provide an intellectually stimulating, collegial and fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement creative assays for detecting transcriptional state of genes within mammalian cells, using techniques that may include: fluorescence in situ hybridization, high-throughput microscopy and image analysis, RNA sequencing (single cell or bulk), and/or FACS.
- Develop and conduct high-throughput screens to explore and control transcriptional state using state-of-the-art genome editing technology
- Assume project responsibilities and effectively present updates, and communicate research plans and timelines
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated, cross-functional team
- Foster a driven, fast-paced, dynamic, and fun environment in which to do rigorous science
Required Skills and Background:
- A PhD in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics or related discipline. 1+ years experience in a post-doctorate or in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Expertise in assay development within mammalian cells, e.g. developing reporter systems and screening in human cells, and readout by FACS and NGS analysis.
- Expertise in molecular biology, RNA and protein analysis, NGS approaches, with experience in RNA biology and RNA-FISH a plus.
- Expertise in mammalian tissue culture methods, including primary human cells (maintenance, passaging, transfection, transduction, quality control)
- Demonstrated scientific productivity and drive as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary research team.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
Desired skills and background:
- Experience with single-cell RNA sequencing
- Experience with genetic engineering with CRISPR tools.
- Programming skills to process high volumes of data.
If you are ready to engineer the future of therapeutics, then we are excited to hear from you!