Molecular Scientist, Translational Sciences
Kriya Therapeutics is a transformative gene therapy company with the intent to expand gene therapy to broader disease indications leveraging in house manufacturing capabilities and novel therapeutic designs.
Our mission is to identify, develop, and bring to market high-impact therapies that have the potential to improve the lives of patients with metabolic and other inflammatory diseases. Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about improving patients' lives and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for patients. Our team is motivated by the promise of novel drug development and is driven to find more efficient and effective ways to conduct scientific and clinical evaluations that rapidly deliver impactful medicines to patients in need.
Our leadership team has a track record bringing innovative new therapeutic treatments to a global market, and along with our seasoned board of directors, is fully committed to the responsible pursuit of transformative therapies that significantly impact patient health and wellbeing.
We are currently seeking an outstanding scientist to join our Vector Development Team. This position will develop and supports advanced plasmid design, cloning and preparation while designing and performing experiments in the lab. The position will also contribute to/author study reports, study protocols, & SOPs. As part of this, we are seeking a highly motivated and versatile scientist, with experience.
- Independently design experiments for developing analytical test methods for use in advanced plasmid design, cloning and preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to independently interpret data, troubleshoot technical challenges, and complete projects/assignments within given timelines with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to multitask among multiple projects and teams
Regularly exercises technical discretion in the execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project goals.
- Experience with ELISA method development, mammalian cell culture techniques, expression and purification of recombinant proteins and viral vectors (specifically rAAV vectors).
- Familiar with Western Blot, standard PCR, qPCR, and ddPCR
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature and instrumentation
- Good documentation habits: Notebook upkeep and sound scientific writing and communication skills. Assures proper labeling, handling, and storage of all chemicals used in the area; assures proper labeling and disposition of hazardous waste in satellite areas; adheres to all safety requirements and follows safe procedures, and attends all required safety and health training, including handling hazardous waste.
- Work independently with little direction in a fast paced, highly interactive environment.
- Experience with CROs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion
- Bachelor's in biological/life sciences with at least 4+ years of relevant laboratory industry research experience - Master's Degree in biological/life sciences with 2+ relevant laboratory research or Ph.D. in the life sciences with 0-2 years of relevant experience in the field of biotech/biopharma.
- Solid experience in molecular biology and tissue culture research.
- Be able to collect data by following well established protocols, analyze preliminary data, and report the results.
- Prior experience with rAAV vectors is preferred.
- Prior experience expressing, purifying, and characterizing antibodies is strongly preferred.
This is an exciting time to participate in the field of gene therapy in general, and to become a part of Kriya Therapeutics' fast-growing dedicated team. We offer an exciting, meaningful and collaborative fast-paced environment with a foundation of sound and rigorous science. Competitive compensation and benefits package can be expected.