Senior Scientist - Downstream Process Development
Kriya is a next-generation gene therapy company focused on designing and developing transformative new treatments for highly prevalent and severe chronic diseases. We target conditions where the underlying biology is well-understood, rationally designing one-time gene therapies to durably express therapeutic proteins within the appropriate human tissues.
Our lead programs are focused on the treatment of metabolic diseases such as diabetes (Type 1 and 2) and severe obesity. We are looking for a Downstream Process Development Scientist to join our team. This position requires a highly self-motivated and flexible individual who operates well in a start-up environment.
- Initiates, directs and executes scientific research for innovation and process improvements independently
- Establish a platform purification process for the generation of recombinant adeno-associated viral vectors (rAAV)
- Critically analyzes complex data, interprets and integrates experimental results with project objectives
- Independently perform experiments to maximize recovery and purity of AAV vectors from the upstream process
- Employ state of the art purification strategies to maximize throughput
- As a subject matter expert, maintain knowledge and implement state-of-the-art technologies and processes
- Author documents in support of manufacturing activities
- Manage activities, equipment, inventory and projects of the process development lab
- Collaborate with other scientists and routinely present data
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning. We are a start-up and are looking for applicants who are ready and willing to 'roll their sleeves up' and be the Key Driver to meet project timelines and milestones.
- Perform other duties as necessary
- BS or equivalent with 10 years relevant experience, MS degree or equivalent with 8 years relevant experience, PhD or equivalent with 5 years relevant experience
Skills and Requirements:
- Expertise in chromatography at all scales, and an in-depth knowledge of AKTA systems
- Experience with Depth Filtration, Tangential Flow Filtration, and Sterile Filtration and scale-up techniques
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and training junior staff members is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct, and timely communication and proven ability to foster strong relationships with other team members and stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated and detail-oriented, with proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-moving team.
- Comfortable working with a data-driven team
- Experience with AAV purification desired
- Knowledge of Ultracentrifugation