Systems Engineer - Utilities
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Under general supervision supports utilities operations (plant and clean utility, ethanol, HVAC)
• Ensures operations comply with cGMP and company standards for quality, health, safety and the environment
• Investigates plant failures and operating incidents, determines cause and recommends and implements solutions
• Analyzes maintenance history, waste and energy usage and process models and recommends improvement plans
• Provides technical support, project briefs, system requirements and preliminary budgets for facility modifications, upgrades and capital projects
• Maintains quality standards, risk assessments and CSL standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Process or Chemical Engineering or local equivalent • 3-5 years' experience with pharmaceutical cGMP utilities plant including Clean room, HVAC, water system, pure steam systems and critical gases • Knowledge of manufacturing processes, energy production, and heating and refrigeration techniques • Knowledge of regulatory requirements • Strong communication skills with customers, design teams, contractors, and management • Action oriented skills; ability to learn on the fly • Good problem solving, technical learning, time management and prioritizing skills • Functional knowledge of cGMPs and manufacturing operations in FDA regulated facility