Director, Discovery Portfolio Expansion
At Viridian Therapeutics, we aim to advance new treatments for patients underserved by today’s therapies. Our team consists of talented, entrepreneurial-minded professionals dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from serious diseases. We strive for data-driven decisions, thoughtful risk-taking, and efficient use of time and funds to best position our ideas for success. We value thoughtful ideas, open communication, and transparency, and are committed to a culture that allows employees to contribute at a high level, grow their careers, and balance their personal and professional ambitions.
We seek an experienced scientist to lead evaluation and prioritization of new program ideas for treating serious and poorly managed diseases, with the goal of maintaining a sustainable product-focused portfolio.
Reporting to the Chief Scientist, the individual will work with the Viridian leadership team to canvas the external landscape and identify differentiated product concepts that can be pursued using creative technologies and product profiles. This individual will also be responsible for building a New Projects team, and for establishing the necessary competitive intelligence tools for the New Projects function.
This role is an opportunity to help shape the future of Viridian by charting new paths to improve patients’ lives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead and conduct evaluation of project ideas, synthesizing competitive and commercial landscapes, unmet medical needs, validation of biological mechanism, and opportunity for accelerated project execution.
- Develop approaches for triaging and prioritizing new project opportunities.
- Communicate data, analyses, and recommendations to peers and senior management to enable robust decision-making for resource allocation to new projects.
- Partner with senior leadership to launch new R&D projects.
- Establish competitive intelligence mechanisms to keep the company informed of scientific, clinical, and commercial data.
- Lead a team of 2-4 scientists and market analysts, to maintain the miRagen pipeline of new projects.
- An advanced degree in a biological discipline or medicine, and a minimum four (4) years of relevant industrial experience. Interest in both business and science of therapeutics discovery and development.
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
- Ability to evaluate scientific, clinical, and commercial aspects of drug discovery and development.
- Exceptional communication skills to summarize and present new project ideas to peers and senior management.
- Ability to manage a cross functional team of 2-4 people. Experience in antibody therapeutics highly desired.
- This role will be based in Viridian Therapeutics Waltham, MA office, but remote work, including from the Company’s office in Boulder CO may be considered.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $155K - $215K and commensurate with experience. Viridian offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with 100% of premiums paid by Viridian for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Group term life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) Company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Viridian Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination, harassment, or retaliation of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, and Local laws.