MBA Leadership Rotation Program
MBA Leadership Rotation Program
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Gilead Sciences CFO MBA Leadership Rotation Program is for second-year MBA graduates seeking entry into biotech by providing a rotational opportunity within the CFO functions of Gilead Sciences. The CFO organization is inclusive of Finance, IT, Operations, and Corporate Development and Strategy. The CFO Organization supports every area of the business by providing financial leadership, influencing company strategy and operations, and managing the financials by helping to analyze budgets and forecast and maximize profits.
Upon hiring, participants will rotate through two 12-month assignments over the course of two years, with each assignment providing an opportunity to learn through different functional areas. After completion of the rotations, participants will continue to develop their careers by aligning to an open position in the Gilead CFO Organization.
- Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely monthly management reporting including monthly financials, revenue reporting, and functional expense reporting.
- Conducts advanced analyses for middle and upper management and makes recommendations such as reporting changes, corporate strategy, pricing strategy, and forecasts.
- Participates in the development and coordination of the annual planning calendar, budget and forecasts.
- Recommends improvements to planning processes and systems.
- Support Gilead's on-going close and forecast activities.
Product / Service:
- Understand how Gilead advances patient care through research and development
- Learn how Gilead provides physicians with resources to better care for their patients
- Gain exposure to how Gilead Commercial Operations reaches our patients
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
- Work in corporate finance, planning, and strategy environment.
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Practice team-based work competencies.
- Develop effective communication skills with executives, business contacts, and external clients.
Candidate / Student Requirements:
- MBA graduate from a top tier program
- 4 - 5 years of prior professional experience
- Energetic, organized and detailed skilled with today's technology.
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to the program.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work thrive in a team-based environment.
- Independent worker and self-starter.
- Opportunity to start a career in the biotechnology industry after graduation.
- Participants will have sufficient knowledge after rotations necessary to determine the direction of their finance career
- You will have the opportunity to interact with senior leaders as you gain cross-functional experience by interfacing with multiple business units.
- You will develop skills vitally important in today's business environment including
Team-based interaction, the ability to manage outcome without having direct authority over others and the capability to aid in the definition and the direction of the local firm's initiatives.
- You will gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology organization.
- This role is based in the Gilead Sciences headquarters (Foster City, California)
Visit us online: www.Gilead.com
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.