Senior Informatica MDM Engineer
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient.
Global Commercial Operational IS is looking for a talented Master Data Management (MDM) Engineer, who is curious to learn and able to develop master data and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. Candidate will work closely with senior data engineer and product owner/business analyst to understand the requirement. This role will be part of the newly established technical/engineering team, develop data workflow to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system in three regions in AWS. Provide data analytics and predictive analysis to business users.
- Responsible for MDM Engineering deliverables for United States
- Senior MDM Engineer will provide direction to junior MDM Engineers
- Work closely with vendors responsible for Informational Data Integration Hub (DIH), Informatica Power Center (IPC), Master Data Management (MDM), and Information Data Directory (IDD)
- Execute on hands on work and mentor junior MDM Engineers
- Work closely with product teams, regional/affiliate IS team for data onboarding
- Design and develop interface to other systems, including batch interface and real time API interface
- Work closely with vendors responsible for DIH, IPC, MDM and IDD to ensure technical delivery and alignment
- Provide architectural and data model oversight for processes which perform data extraction, transformation, workflow management and data quality check
- Drive the exploration and adoption of new tools, techniques, propose improvement to the data pipelines and system architecture
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with product teams
- Act as a product manager for the data platform backlog
- Travel will be minimal
Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 5+ years' hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle
- 5+ years of overall experience in IT with strong understanding of Master Data Management, Data Governance and Data Integration
- 5+ years of model data domains such as customer, product, territory
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling for master databases, performance tuning for relational database
- 5+ years of experience on MDM hub components: Landing tables, base objects, staging tables, lookup tables, relationships, mappings, cleanse function, trust and matching rules
- 5+ years on developing requirements and rules to support business needs
- 5+ years on developing, configuring, and customizing Informatica Data Director (IDD)
- Identify and implement controls to improve data quality and governance.
- 5+ years' hand on experience with informatica DIH's Hub management, monitoring and tracking
- 2+ years' experience in installing and configuring Informatica PowerCenter client
- 5+ years on Creating mappings, mapplets, sessions, workflows, worklets in Informatica PowerCenter 9.6 and above
- 4+ years of experience with one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: shell scripts, Java, Python
- 4+ years hand on Experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) using SIF Environment and Web Services technologies (Apache SOAP, WSDL, UDDI).
- Full stack development using MDM hub, Informatica Data Q, Informatica Integrator Hub and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc) is a plus.
- Experience working agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Biotech / Pharma experience is a plus
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.