Manager/Sr. Manager Laboratory Automation and Sample Management
Nurix is seeking a highly skilled and motivated laboratory automation specialist to work as part of cross-functional teams in three areas: compound management, high throughput chemical synthesis and biological assay automation. The successful candidate will build and lead a compound and sample management function, being accountable for storage, retrieval and distribution of compounds for biological assay as well as chemical building blocks for parallel synthesis. Working closely with Medicinal Chemists, and DNA-encoded library chemists, the automation specialist will assist in transferring chemistry from benchtop to automated liquid handling systems and integrated robotic platforms. Working with assay scientist, the automation specialist will identify areas where cell-based and biochemical assays can be migrated from benchtop to automated liquid handling systems and integrated robotic platforms.
Experience & Attributes
- Collaborate with scientists from multiple disciplines (internal and external) to design and implement workflows for sample distribution
- Work with Medicinal Chemists and DNA-encoded library chemists to automate parallel chemical synthesis, DEL synthesis and DEL hit resynthesis
- Develop, write and train on Operating Procedures for compound management and sample distribution
- Program methods for liquid handlers, tube sorters, barcode readers and other automation
- Integrate laboratory automation with LIMS systems
- Manage the receipt and storage of compounds and samples for biological assay, and parallel organic chemistry
- Manage registration data QC for purchased compounds
- Oversee the work of lab technicians
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or related discipline required
Experience & Attributes
- Five (5) years of applicable experience within the life sciences industry
- Experience with Hamilton Vantage liquid handling systems.
- Proficient in method development using Hamilton's Instinct V software
- Track record of developing automated processes
- Hands-on experience in compound management and an excellent understanding of underlying processes
- Experience operating, programming and troubleshooting various instrumentation including acoustic dispensers span-8, 384 well pipetting systems, plate handlers, tube sorters.