Senior Manager, Reimbursement Policy
Senior Manager, Reimbursement Policy
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Senior Manager, Reimbursement Policy will support the Government Affairs and Policy Team in developing and executing reimbursement strategies to facilitate access to Gilead's portfolio of innovative, life-saving medicines. Focused on Gilead's oncology and COVID-19 therapeutics, the Senior Manager will support developing reimbursement strategies for both pipeline and launched products. The scope of responsibilities will include identifying reimbursement policy challenges and opportunities, co-creating strategies aimed at securing reimbursement and access to therapies for patients, as well as advocacy and engagement to deliver on these strategies. This individual must be creative, flexible, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial, capable of developing relationships and facilitating partnerships internally as well as externally with trade associations, industry peers, government officials, and other external stakeholders to reach reimbursement policy goals. The position reports to the Director, Reimbursement Policy and will be based in Washington, DC.
- Identify regulatory opportunities and threats to the reimbursement of Gilead's novel therapies, with a focus on oncology and COVID-19 therapeutics and a lens across Gilead's broader product portfolio and pipeline
- Analyze and quantify the impact of reimbursement policy proposals on the Gilead business
- Develop comprehensive strategies to deliver on a range of Medicare and Medicaid proactive and reactive reimbursement priorities
- Develop Gilead reimbursement policy positions and implement policy strategies and programs to ensure coverage, coding and payment for Gilead's novel therapies
- Draft comment letters, policy briefs, publications, and other persuasive communications and resources to support policy objectives
- Support pricing and reimbursement analytics to inform and substantiate reimbursement policy positions
- Partner with colleagues on the Government Affairs and Policy team and across other corporate functions including Public Affairs, Managed Markets, Value & Access, Medical Affairs and others to provide counsel on the impact of policy proposals and align on strategies tied to Gilead's reimbursement policy goals
- Represents Gilead at various trade associations (e.g. PhRMA, BIO, ARM) and workgroups
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus a minimum 7+ years of experience in health policy with knowledge of federal health programs and public payer policy trends
- Understanding of US coding and reimbursement systems for public payers at the federal and state levels, specifically, Medicare Part B/physician-administered drug policy knowledge is required
- Experience with engagement with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other executive branch agencies (e.g. CMMI, HRSA, OMB, political appointees. etc)
- Excellent verbal, analytical, written, and interpersonal communication skills, particularly in distilling complex technical information for broad audiences
- Entrepreneurial, outcomes-oriented, and highly collaborative across matrixed teams
- High degree of critical thinking skills and analytical ability to deploy data-driven reimbursement solutions
- High degree of integrity and ability to deliver on Gilead's Leadership commitments: I am bold. I care. I listen. I trust. I own.
- Prior pharmaceutical or device industry experience or experience within government agencies (e.g. CMS) is preferred
- Expertise working on Medicare Part A and/or Part B reimbursement policies
- Familiarity with process for applying for HCPCS, CPT, and ICD-10 codes as well as NTAP and Pass-Through payment
- Familiarity with leveraging healthcare data sets for evidence development to support policy positions
- Advanced degree in public policy, health policy, public health, or health economics
Role is based in Washington, DC.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.