Associate Director, Promotional Program Management
The Associate Director, Promotional Program Management will be an integral part of the Avanir Commercial Operations team and play an essential role in the leadership, development, and execution the Speaker Bureau, Sampling Programs and Fleet Support. This role will work closely with the sales force, speakers, internal stakeholders, as well as manage the Speaker Bureau, Sampling and Fleet vendors, to develop and deliver high quality Educational Programs, Sample fulfillment and ensure a compliant processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage speaker nominations, CV updates, speaker contracts, speaker training, and speaker requirements
- Ensure commercial interactions and programs are compliant and follow Avanir policy
- Manage non-compliance escalations and identifies, develops and implements processes to ensure process gaps are addressed
- Oversee speakers bureau, speaker business needs assessment and training, and the development of all speakers
- Develop and manage speaker bureau and sampling analytics and provide updates to key stakeholders
- Partner closely with Finance, Compliance, and other internal stakeholders to ensure all Speaker and Sampling programs are executed compliantly
- Lead and implement compliant processes as they relate to Sampling and PDMA compliance
- Develops and implements a Vendor Score card to ensure Service Level Agreements are met
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- 12+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Experience in Commercial Operations, specifically Speaker and Sampling programs required
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations including Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), False Claims Act (FCA), and Prescription Drug Marketing Act (PDMA)preferred
- Experience in operations or business management with significant budgetary impact
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with business contacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with excellent decision-making capabilities and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional team members and ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates the ability to manage complex work streams, aggressive timelines and cross functional initiatives.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and performance
- The ideal candidate has an internal drive and self-motivation, has demonstrated learning agility and emotional intelligence.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment and other computing and digital devices is required. May be required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary, so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver's license and/or effectively navigate public transportation is required. While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push, carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration, reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.