Sr Manager, Commercial Contracting
Sr Manager, Commercial Contracting
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia.
Commercial Contracts, Contract Development
Essential Duties and Job Functions
The Sr Contract Manager is an important role within the Managed Markets Strategy & Operations organization. This position develops, drafts, analyzes, negotiates and gains the necessary approvals for commercial managed care contracts.
- Works closely with partners in field account management, including national and regional account managers as well as payor strategy teams. Leads review of contract proposals and ensures alignment with contract strategies and business objectives.
- Reviews and gains approvals for all key contract terms and conditions with key internal stakeholders.
- Responds to various partner/stakeholder questions and inquiries regarding contract terms and conditions
- Ensures execution of approved and finalized managed market contracts, including timely handoff to other internal partners.
- Ensures all contract data and information is appropriately entered into CLM tool.
- Technical and business expertise - Shares expertise with cross functional partners. Builds and maintains strong relationships with partners both internal and external
- Communication - Listens well. Expresses ideas fluently and logically. Is open to input an can be depended on for truthfulness
- Managing change - Accepts change as a positive and adapts accordingly
- Teamwork and collaboration - Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust. Collaborates, offers support and encouragement
- Achieving results - Is goal driven and persistent. Is accountable for meeting commitments and recognizes the contribution of others.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- MBA is a strong plus
- 8 years relevant work experience
- 5 years of contract drafting experience
- Previous contract development or related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or healthcare industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates in a managed care environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Word/MS Office, PowerPoint is required.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals, both individual and team.
- Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on strategic market management, follow-through, critical thinking and issue resolution abilities are required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.