SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Systems Engineer is accountable for cross-functional collaboration and execution across technical and non-technical teams throughout the product development lifecycle, and serves as a key interface with scientists, product managers, usability experts, and engineers from every discipline. The ideal candidate will have experience in development of complex systems through verification and validation as well as post-launch and on-market product support.
Candidates applying for this position must be self-starters and motivated to drive projects to completion. They must excel at managing multiple priorities and projects, be good communicators at all levels, and provide technical depth and expertise while remaining flexible and wearing many hats at a rapidly growing startup.
• Manage design input requirements and risk management activities for existing products
• Drive development and integration test efforts across teams on key programs with focus on continuous design improvement
• Author strategic design verification and validation plans and write and execute associated test protocols
• Perform root cause analysis and execute design changes needed to support on-market products
• Lead establishment and optimization of post-launch product development processes
• Support early concept design and requirements development for new programs as needed
• Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory standards for the product
• Act as a hub for technical and non-technical team members to collaborate and succeed
• Liaise with external development and manufacturing partners
• BS degree in engineering or a related field
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in medical device development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Test strategy, definition, and execution skills
• Able to understand new technologies quickly
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Successful communication skills, business acumen, and assertive decision-making ability
• Flexibility to multi-task and perform a wide range of activities
COMPENSATION AND CLASSIFICATION:
• Classification: Full-time position located at our Los Gatos, California office
• Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience; includes equity package.
• Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision; 401(k) and more.
Inflammatix is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions and breastfeeding, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.