Sr. Director, Pricing and Contracting
With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Sr. Director, Pricing and Contracting, is responsible for the development of portfolio pricing, contract strategy, proposal development, governance and compliance, overall contract administration and reporting for Seqirus US Commercial Operations. The position is also responsible for development of pricing strategy for Seqirus US pipeline and/or marketed products. This position reports to the VP of Commercial Operations North America.
He or she is responsible for List and Channel Pricing and Strategy across the portfolio of Seqirus products. He or she coordinates and manages the process flow of customer contracts in all phases of creation, development, approval, and execution. He or she provides updates to senior management and sales management in the areas of contract performance with services provided. He or she ensures tracking databases are updated to provide summary information on potential and existing contracts. He or she coordinates data, MSA, and other agreements as necessary with all key accounts and supports bids and tender documentation. He or she is responsible for overseeing and validating all activities regarding evaluation, contracting, payment and reporting for government contracts and filings. Related, he or she leads strategic planning for their functional area
Creates and manages the pricing and contract strategy for Seqirus US along with Seqirus US Comm Ops Leadership
- Develops an overarching strategic Pricing and contracting approach for Seqirus's product portfolio and customer base.
- Responsible for compliant Pricing Governance inclusive of Pricing Committee
- Continually evaluates historical negotiated positions and recommends appropriate changes, in consultation with the Account Management and Finance
- Ensures alignment and interfaces closely with Legal representatives in addition with customers facing teams
- Functions as content expert on contracts and legal-related terms for Seqirus Inc. agreements.
Responsible for Contracts Administration and Reporting -
- Segments customer and contract-specific metrics such as ROI, level of control, sales, and membership.
- Ensures that metrics are routinely measured, evaluated and reported to relevant stakeholders and are leveraged for continuous process improvement.
- Management of administrative aspects including appropriate management of contract timing and term expiration
- Ensures that contracted services are aligned with industry standards and comply with the government bona fide fee requirements.
- Interfaces with the Head of National Accounts and his/her team, Finance, Legal, Customer Operations, and Logistics to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Performs contract based analytics and dashboard for senior management that generate insights that enhance account interactions and business effectiveness
- Create annual pricing condition structure and assess ability to implement in SAP. Oversee management for pricing condition collection, input and validation. Includes monitoring compliance to policies and procedures and ensure appropriately functioning controls.
- Responsible for overseeing and validating activities regarding evaluation, contracting, payment and reporting for the government contracts and filings, including but not limited to nFAMP, ASP, Tricare and BP. Includes ownership for informing, advising, training and monitoring the compliance of appropriate personnel regarding the policies, procedures and controls as they pertain to government requirements.
- Manage the assessment, processing and payment of all government and non-government rebates, chargebacks, fees and returns. Ensure standardization of the process and compliance to relevant controls and policies. Interact and communicate with Key Account Management, Financial Accounting and Customer Service to drive the process and escalate and solve conflicts and issues that arise.
- Creation of payment schedules to guide adherence and facilitate timely reporting to the US Government with respect to best-price implications
Oversee Pricing for US
- Establishes pricing, rebate strategies and contracting analytics for decision making. Analyzes market prices to develop pricing recommendations for new product launches or yearly price ASP file submission. Assesses contract performance against targets and report on contract effectiveness.
- Assesses payer environment, explores new payer trends, develops pricing capabilities to develop access and pricing strategies for launch/in line products, including generation of value proposition messages that enable a high performing team
- Collaborate closely with Global policy and market assess teams, Policy/Advocacy, Marketing, Medical marketing counterparts to ensure value and access optimization and conduct market research and environmental data analysis where needed
- Understand payer pricing & access assumptions for business development and emerging opportunities
- Incorporate new pricing tools and innovative pricing into contracting methodologies
- Lead the ideation, design and execution of innovative services and applications that will enhance the Seqirus customer experience
- Build business cases to choose appropriate technologies and platforms that will enhance customer experience
- Develop a comprehensive customer experience roadmap with clear understanding and considerations of Seqirus internal capabilities, and plans to fill gaps
- Contribute to collective learning as it relates to customer experience across functions and the global Seqirus
Establishes the framework of (and managesthe contract approval process
- Ensures that the expected turn-around time for a contract completion cycle is met and full compliance by customers and Seqirus to contract terms and conditions
- Chairs Pricing Committee involving cross-functional partners as needed, to effectively and quickly address issues impacting performance against contract terms including approval of terms exceeding thresholds
- Regularly audits customer performance to contract terms and addresses unsatisfactory audit findings
- Works closely with Seqirus US National Account Management team to ensure that contracts are clearly communicated and fully understood.
- Develop a process that includes proposal development, negotiation, cross-functional approvals, documentation, external communications, archiving and other steps that may be necessary
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in accounting or finance. MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare environment, in roles involving contracting, pricing, proposal development and/or finance/controller experience
- Reimbursement/insurance experience a plus, but not required
- Prior managerial experience required
- Experience in account management with wholesale distributors and/or health systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and make sound pricing and market access recommendations
- Understanding of US coding, reimbursement procedures, institutions/entities/decision-makers
- Exhibits outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively write and deliver presentations to professionals at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to synthesize data and information into insightful trends and dynamics
- People management skills and ability to lead in a changing environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint required
- Experience preferred with SAP, CRMs or similar system and Tableau