Commercial Insights Senior Associate, Analytics
The Commercial Insights Senior Associate is responsible for providing varied commercial analytics to support the brand team planning cycles (forecasts, quarterly business reviews, brand plans) and strategy ad hoc marketing analytics for Aimovig. The Commercial Insights Senior Associate will work under the guidance of a senior member of the Commercial Insights Team to deliver for the assigned assets, as well as with the director on cross brand initiatives. Guided by a senior member of the team, the individual in this role will deliver analysis using claims data, prescription/demand data, electronic medical records data, and other internal/external data sources.
This position reports to a Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics for Neuroscience within Commercial Data and Analytics (cDNA).
- Produce and deliver regular performance dashboards based on complex data sources, including prescriber or account-level demand data, claims data, electronic medical records, etc.
- Deliver on assigned analysis plans to provide analytical support for key financial activities, including Quarterly Business Reviews by providing objective analysis
- Partner with members of the forecasting vertical to provide detailed historical analysis to support the preparation of quarterly forecasts and long-range scenarios
- Gather needs for scheduled and ad-hoc analytics from cross-functional partners in collaboration with a senior member of the Commercial Insights team
- Managing relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant analytics experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of relevant analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of relevant analytics experience
- Basic knowledge of marketing analytics in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advanced spreadsheets and automated data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experience in database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Demonstrated analytical skills-understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.