Director, Development Program Manager
At miRagen, we aim to advance new treatments for patients underserved by today’s therapies. Our team consists of talented, entrepreneurial-minded professionals dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from serious diseases. We strive for data-driven decisions, strategic risk-taking, and efficient use of time and funds to best position our ideas for success. We value thoughtful ideas, open communication, and transparency, and are committed to a culture that allows employees to contribute at a high level, grow their careers, and balance their personal and professional ambitions.
We seek an experienced program manager to guide miRagen’s programs from preclinical development through clinical Proof of Concept.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, this individual will play a critical role in shaping program strategies, optimizing and tracking program objectives, and developing integrated drug development plans through preclinical development, IND filing, and initiation of clinical studies. This individual will have both the Chief Scientist and Chief Medical Officer as key stakeholders, and work highly collaboratively across the organization, with senior management and consultants, as well as with CRO partners and alliances to best position the program for success.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide operational leadership for development of therapeutic antibody drugs through preclinical and clinical Proof of Concept
• Establish and track all program activities, including manufacturing, IND-enabling studies, and clinical trial establishment
• Execute on project plan by communicating and coordinating cross-functionally within miRagen and with CROs
• Represents, as needed, the program team in discussions with internal and external stakeholders
• Support preparation for Joint Steering Committee meetings for partnered programs
• Develop and track program budgets and forecasts, in conjunction with finance and accounting functions
• Identify program risks and participate in finding and executing risk mitigating solutions, when needed
• Assess the needs of the program and departments and influence operational decisions to drive success
• Experience in managing preclinical development programs with a minimum four (4) years of relevant industrial experience. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an appropriate field expected
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to identify and solve project execution challenges using creative approaches
• Experience in development of therapeutic antibodies highly desired
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Rare disease experience a plus
This role will be based in either of miRagen’s offices, in Waltham, MA, or Boulder, CO, but remote work may also be considered.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $155K - $215K and commensurate with experience. MiRagen offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage with 100% of premiums paid by miRagen for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Group term life insurance
• Medical and Dependent Care FSA
• 401(k) Company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan