BioSpace has been engaged to help our client, a global provider of Point of Care (POC) medical diagnostic systems and solutions, is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to join its product development and manufacturing in support of product pipelines.
This position focuses on innovation and development of POC diagnostic tests. The ideal candidate will have a background and interest in microfluidic immunoassay and experience in general biochemistry methods. This position will assist in the development of new products, including transferring R&D successes to mass production. This position will also assist the ongoing manufacturing of existing products.
The preferred candidate will be highly goal-oriented and organized and be able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere of shifting demands and priorities.
- Ability to assist in the design and execution of experiments
- Identify and communicate with vendors and suppliers
- Prepare resources, equipment and materials for experiments
- Perform analysis and interpretations of results
- Maintain detailed experimental records
- Present data at technical meetings
- Assist in troubleshooting of manufacturing processes
- Transferring research results to manufacturing
- Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, or related fields with at least 2 years of laboratory-related work experience.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem-solve technical and methodological issues
- Experience in manufacturing desired
- Excellent writing, communication, presenting and organizational skills