Sr. Scientist - Biochemical Assay Specialist
BioSpace has been engaged to assist our client, a rapidly growing world-class contract research company with an innovative approach to drug discovery using our unique label-free technology. In the company’s ten-year history, they have become a leading provider of label-free assay solutions. This company works with many of the top-10 large pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnology companies, and continues to expand its global client base.
The Sr. Scientist will be a critical member of our biochemical assay research team and a leader developing our optical and radioactivity-based assay capabilities and dynamic culture. You will be responsible for leading target/enzyme-based projects for biotech and pharma clients to develop assays for high-throughput screening and characterizing drug candidates and reaction mechanisms. The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO).
• Expand and manage a commercial drug discovery assay platform featuring optical and radioactivity-based and company methodologies.
• Lead efforts to develop and execute optical, radioactivity, and assays that address clients’ needs for high-throughput screening and follow-up assays
• Lead internal technology development and research projects around novel targets.
• Write and maintain standard operating protocols (SOP) and maintain a detailed laboratory notebook
• Review, analyze, and communicate results to clients and the team.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
• Expertise in enzymology, biochemistry, kinetics, and drug discovery.
• Critical thinking to develop novel assays, design experiments, and interpret results independently
• Proven experience in working with plate readers for optical and radioactivity assays, including performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting
• Present strategies and opportunities for tools to integrate into our commercial offering.
Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, immunology, or a related life science field
• An outstanding publication record of running biochemical assays using optical and radioactivity-based formats
• 3 years of industry experience in assay development and high-throughput screening
• A passion for professional growth and supporting team members
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Curious mindset and an avid reader on the topics of drug discovery, biochemistry, and new technologies in the life sciences
• A strong desire to personally learn, grow, and develop.
• Experience with mass spectrometry is a plus