Associate Director, Risk, Analytics and Operational Excellence
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The role will report directly to the Office of Ethics & Compliance (OEC) Director of Risk, Analytics and Operational Excellence. Broadly, the Associate Director will be responsible for advancing AbbVie's Global OEC risk, analytics, and operational excellence program which includes: Enhancing and evolving the OEC risk assessment strategy; Designing and executing on a sustainable operations model that drives towards an analytics-enabled, progressive risk management and operational excellence approach; Developing a framework to implement and manage the analytics program consistently across the global organization; Executing on the Operational Excellence framework to support strategic, continuous process improvement across the OEC; Serving as a liaison and expert to key stakeholders across the globe to implement our risk, analytics and operational excellence framework; Performing trending and data analytics in support of an iterative risk, analytics and operational excellence process; and Identifying valuable compliance insights, trends and information to inform OEC and business decisions.
Available in Lake County, IL or Madison, NJ.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing and executing on a progressive strategy for and conducting internal risk assessments procedures including interviews of key stakeholders, application of industry trends, data analysis and collaboration with other OEC and functional divisions to understand overall business risks and challenges within the business and other OEC groups.
- Identifying and assessing existing and emerging business practices for potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; developing a global methodology for continuous and proactive compliance risk assessment.
- Working with relevant stakeholders to identify operational excellence imperatives and priorities, mitigate identified risks and meet government, industry and company OEC requirements.
- Manage operational excellence projects to embed OEC process and controls while determining ownership of mitigation activities - identifying overlapping responsibilities, supporting the integration of risk assessment results into tailored monitoring plans and applying an iterative analytics-enabled strategy to proactively manage risks.
- Identifying, delivering and presenting risk assessment results, analytics and trends to leadership with proactive recommendations prioritizing and addressing the issues through various mitigation channels.
- Implementing, managing and evolving the OEC Analytics Platform - collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to deliver and operate analytics globally.
- Proactively making recommendations on developing and assessing corporate OEC programs, training, adherence and effectiveness based on risk and analytics observations.
- Provide ongoing, real time OEC advisory support for the business and support functions across the organization.
- Supporting innovation and driving efficiencies and consistency in our approach to OEC risk, analytics and operational excellence while supporting other global OEC initiatives and Operational activities (e.g., compliance monitoring).
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with Business Compliance, Business (Sales, Marketing, R&D, Medical) personnel, Support Functions (Legal, HR, Finance, IT) and Senior and Executive Management
- Manage and oversee multiple complex projects
- Manage team of direct and indirect reports by carrying out supervisory responsibilities
- Proactively produce reports, presentation, materials, guidelines and documents
- Deliver updates to Leadership, as required
- Bachelor's Degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- A minimum of 6+ years Compliance or transferable pharmaceutical and life sciences industry experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including adjusting content and style for various audiences.
- Ability to successfully influence multiple stakeholders and lead cross-functional teams, driving results.
- Strong organizational, analytical, project management and team building skills.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and manage multiple, complex projects.
- Ability to develop, set and adjust strategic goals in the face of continuously evolving risk landscape.
- Change agile - Ability to be flexible and adjust strategy based on the evolving business.
- Inquisitive and open minded - Ability to learn, understand and guide without bias in order to bring the best solution or alternatives that supports an efficient and effective Compliance program
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Visio, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Deep experience with analytics tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik), systems and structures that facilitate an efficient and effective compliance program.
- In-depth understanding of business objectives and strategies and how those translate to OEC priorities in order to advise and partner with the business
- Good understanding Pharmaceutical and Medical Device commercial operations and the laws, regulations and guidance applicable to the industry (e.g., Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act and of the roles and authority of government agencies and industry partners, PhRMA, FDA, OIG, PDMA, Affordable Care Act, PDMA, ACCME, etc.).
Significant Work Activities
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.