Commercial Insights Manager
The Commercial Insights Otezla Marketing Analysis Manager is responsible for delivering secondary data analytics and insights to support Otezla brand planning, reporting and ad-hoc analysis of business performance across the range of Otezla indications.
The individual in this role must be comfortable synthesizing data from multiple sources and understanding complex data into an integrated picture to understand Otezla brand performance. He or she must be a passionate champion of insights-driven strategy and objective evidence-based decision making.
This Otezla focused position reports to the Inflammation Analytics lead within Commercial Data and Analytics (CD&A), in support of the Inflammation &
Nephrology business unit.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Deliver analyses from beginning to end to further understanding of performance for Otezla within the competitive set
- Partner with others in CD&A, marketing, sales, finance, and other internal partners to plan, develop and deliver solutions
- Define insight objectives, budgets and timelines for prioritized analyses
- Proactively look for opportunities to increase understanding of business performance
- Communicate findings through compiling information across various sources, data types, and contextual understanding
- Manage relationships with external vendors to prioritize business needs and enable effective execution of analytics
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as needed
Master's degree and 2 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of sales and/or marketing and/or managed markets analytics experience
- Ability to prioritize across many requests from many stakeholders
- Experience with various quantitative techniques, advanced spreadsheets, modeling software, reporting software, and database design
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
- Performing data analysis and modeling with physician/patient-level data and sales data specific to biotechnology and pharmaceuticals to drive decision making for marketing using MS Office suite, SQL, R/Python, Alteryx, or Amazon Redshift
- Demonstrated analytical skills-understands the strengths and limitations of different analytical approaches and their findings
- Ability to think proactively and forward-looking to anticipate business needs
- Turn unstructured business issues/requests into appropriate action plans and projects that result in high quality, meaningful and impactful deliverables
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Skilled in prioritizing multiple responsibilities, tasks and projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry datasets such as IQVIA/Symphony demand, Inventory data and patient longitudinal data
- Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment across different functional groups
- Ability to think strategically to support key business decisions
- Strong understanding of the latest developments, unmet medical needs and opportunities in inflammation or nephrology preferred
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.