Senior Research Associate - Biologics
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute towards expanding the next generation of antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner, a leading Shanghai based Contract Research Organization specializing in drug discovery services. As more and more Pharma and Biotech companies look for alliance partners to increasingly provide intellectual contributions and exceptional technical expertise, ChemPartner is uniquely positioned to not only be a Life Science CRO, but to be a pharmaceutical alliance partner. With a team of over 2000 experienced scientists, hundreds of western-trained pharmaceutical industry leaders, and experienced Pharmaceutical Executive Leadership at the helm, ChemPartner is aligned and dedicated to technically and strategically accomplish the research initiatives of Pharma and Biotech companies globally. Further information can be found on our website at www.chempartner.com.
This position will be based at ChemPartner’s South San Francisco facility.
We are seeking a technically savvy, highly motivated research associate with excellent attention to detail to expand antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner using the Berkeley Lights Beacon B cell cloning platform (https://www.berkeleylights.com/). This position is a unique and impactful opportunity to contribute towards expanding the antibody discovery capabilities at ChemPartner. Specifically, the candidate will become proficient in troubleshooting and optimizing binding and other functional assays, such as blocking, cytokine secretion or reporter assays on the Beacon. The ideal individual will have a combination of experience culturing mammalian cells, developing robust assays and an affinity towards learning, mastering and troubleshooting cutting edge technical instrumentation. The successful candidate must possess a combination of strong hands-on technical skills, outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to work effectively and collaboratively with geographically diverse teams.
ChemPartner offers a strong compensation package including salary, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Become proficient with the entire single B cell cloning workflow from isolation of B cells using magnetic or sorting techniques, to screening for hits on the Beacon platform, to single B cell sequencing of hits identified on the Beacon
- Opportunity to learn and execute affinity estimations and epitope binning analyses on the Carterra LSA, a high throughput SPR platform
- Experience culturing a variety of mammalian cells, including primary, cancer and immune cells
- Develop a range of target specific functional assays such as FACS binding/blocking assays, ELISA, cytokine release, signaling, proliferation, cytotoxicity and reporter assays
- Translate and optimize functional assays on the Beacon platform, become proficient with software analysis tools for Beacon data and summarize clearly in presentations
- Meet regularly with project teams to discuss progress and troubleshoot technical issues to ensure project tracks with time lines.
- Generate and maintain a cell bank, including expanding, banking and tracking inventory
- Maintain equipment in biology lab including procuring accessories, setting up or renewing service contracts and serving as point of contact for equipment needs.
- Document experiments thoroughly and in a timely manner in electronic notebooks
BS/MS in Biology, Immunology or related field with 5+ years industrial experience in small and/or large molecule drug discovery.
Experience developing, optimizing and executing a diverse range of cell based functional assays to characterize drug candidates
Experience culturing immortal and primary cells is essential, ability to perform immune cell isolations, immune cell staining and differentiation techniques is a plus.
Experience with FACS and plate based readers, with data analysis using FlowJo, SoftMax Pro and GraphPad Prism.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written or oral presentations is necessary along with a positive attitude and attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task, organize and execute a diverse set of activities in a changing environment, often under time pressure is essential.
Previous experience with instrumentation such as Berkeley Lights Beacon or Carterra LSA is a plus
Experience with surface plasmon resonance for affinity or epitope binning of antibodies is a plus.
Please send your resume to email@example.com quoting reference number 21001B in the subject line.