R&D Associate (Viral Vector Technologies)
Regeneron is currently seeking a hardworking and motivated Research & Development Associate to join a technology development group which aims to develop novel gene therapy viral vectors. The successful candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology, virology, and cell biology. Experience with recombinant DNA technologies, mammalian cell culture, and in vitro bioassaysis a plus. Her/his main responsibilities will be to construct, optimize, and evaluate viral vectors for gene therapy applications using in vitro bioassays.
As the R&D Associate, Viral Vector Technologies, a typical day might include the following:
- Using recombinant DNA techniques to construct viral vectors
- Mammalian cell culture using primary and established cell lines
- Performing various types of in vitro gene transfer procedures such as transfection, transduction, and electroporation
- Evaluating virus transduction and transgene expression using various bioassays involving luminescence, fluorescence, and colorimetric methods.
- Performing basic biochemical and immunological assays such as Western blotting, ELISA, and flow cytometry
- Independently performing laboratory calculations and planning of experimental layouts
- Helping to maintain lab supplies, equipment, and general lab organization
This role might be for you if:
- You have the ability to work methodically, accurately and succinctly communicate results
- You can proactively work on multiple projects and prioritize as needed
- You have solid organizational skills when working in a laboratory
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum of 2 years of research experience along with a Master's degree in bioengineering, biotechnology, or biomedical engineering. Recombinant DNA techniques, mammalian cell culture, in vitro gene transfer methods, in vitro bioassays, immuno detection methods. Skilled in the use of standard cloning techniques. Comfortable in presenting data. Experience with viral vector handling, cell culturing, and aseptic technique. Incumbent is expected to craft experiments, analyze data, and interpret conclusion.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.