Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking highly motivated Biostatisticians with either a pre-clinical or clinical focus. The role will be to lead, advise and assist in the data analysis aspects of the setup, evaluation, and interpretation of pre-clinical or clinical studies. These studies will involve cutting edge science and the efforts of this role will be pivotal in advancing our therapeutic capabilities. The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization to successfully drive the science and achieve Alkahest’s corporate mission. This position reports to the Director of Data Science.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
- Serve as the pre-clinical or clinical biostatistics lead for Alkahest and provide advice and mentorship, as needed
- Aid in the experimental design of pre-clinical or clinical studies to ensure an informed choice is made when balancing resource allocation and result expectations
- Define and perform the statistical analyses of primary, secondary and exploratory endpoints in Alkahest preclinical or clinical studies
- Ensure completeness, correctness and integrity of analyses and datasets
- Identify and develop cutting edge statistical techniques to analyze large scale pre-clinical or clinical datasets, such as omics or imaging datasets
- Develop predictive capabilities for Alkahest scientific areas of focus, using the appropriate statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Assist Alkahest pre-clinical or clinical research teams in the interpretation of analyzed data
- Closely work with the whole Data Science team to ensure seamless translation of data and methodology
- Engage external resources to apply cutting edge methodologies and ensure recognition in the scientific community including publications
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- Significant experience (4+ years) working with preclinical or clinical study data and developing statistical analysis plans.
- Solid expertise in statistics and modeling, including but not limited to linear and non-linear modeling, multivariate analysis, network analysis, machine learning, and algorithm development. Experience with cross-sectional and longitudinal data.
- Strong statistical programming skills in SAS and R
- Experience with multiple types of large scale data including omics (RNAseq, proteomics) or imaging (structural and functional MRI) is a plus
- Experience supporting neuroscience or aging research a plus
- Creative problem solving with the ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Strong team spirit but also the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced startup environment
Apply today. We'd love to meet you!