Associate Brand Technology Consultant - Omni-Channel
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Omni-Channel Specialist will assist the Brand Technology Solutions organization, specifically supporting our US Commercial Oncology organization, to plan and implement the technology to address the ever-changing customer needs and ways in which our customers engage with AbbVie.
This candidate will function as part of the Business Consulting and Project Delivery team, which is responsible for transforming our customer engagement model by focusing on an omni-channel experience. We are looking create an ecosystem where we can leverage data driven culture to deliver a high touch, coordinated, and connected experience for our customers that delivers AbbVie our integrated brand strategy.
The Omni-Channel Capability Specialist is one of the main technology focal points for and responsible for managing demand and business priorities related to enabling key technology capabilities in support of omni-channel marketing to extend the reach to HCPs to improve engagement and loyalty by creating relevant and seamless experiences across all of our educational and promotional channels.
The Omni-Channel Specialist is responsible for supporting the execution of the brand strategy through various data, integration, and technology projects. He/she will forge relationships within the US Commercial Oncology team to support achievement of critical milestones by tracking key projects and initiatives and coordinate team responses to critical issues. He/she is responsible for planning and overseeing multiple projects at once from ideation to completion, including helping secure cross-functional alignment on project scope, benefits, cost, and timeline. He/she is expected to work effectively across various IT Shared Services teams, external third-party service providers, and other Commercial business stakeholders. He/she ensures teams are following corporate and divisional policies and procedures related to systems development, systems support and compliance.
- Works directly with business stakeholders to understand specific brand strategies, evaluate brand current state; collaborate on ideation, analysis, and strategy of digital tactics.
- As a specialist, lead the technology application and evaluation for any tactics and capabilities to achieve a personalized customer experience.
- As a specialist, finds opportunities to streamline and leverage data in the ecosystem for improved insights in collaboration with functional teams. Identify deeper and wider opportunities to capture more data for analysis.
- As a specialist, interfaces with IT capability teams and influences by providing suggestions for future capability direction and enhancements that would benefit the supporting businesses with their strategies and roadmap.
- As a specialist, has accountability and responsibility for a technology capability that is widely used across different business units, including technical, financial, and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and takes accountability for actions and decisions working with cross-functional teams. Responsible to deliver successful business outcomes related to this capability.
- As a specialist, allies with other BTOs to remain current on project status, and informs business of progress, conversely, keeps IT Managers aware of issues, risks and resolves conflicts. Identifies the impact of any relevant internal or external regulations on the organization's use of information.
- As a specialist, evaluates business requirements and translates them into capability requirements, and provides accurate proposals to business - scope, cost, and schedule.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business units, and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie, and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; Identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Proactively seeks out business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities with business leads, providing them with comprehensive analyses and insights to help them discover strategic use of technology products and services.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the business and leverages that understanding to elevate the level of their work.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to leverage proven frameworks, methodologies, and best practices in projects and advocates for the implementation of those methods in a reusable fashion.
- Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Regular assignments are completed with minimal supervision.
- Independently manage the day to day activities of small to medium complexity projects independently.
- Manages digital/technology projects both internal and external stakeholders, cross-functional teams and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. This includes managing project timelines, tracking deliverables & milestones, providing status communications and setting expectations of a cross-functional team involved in project delivery.
- Works effectively with team/group to accomplish organizational goals. Connects teams and experts, ensure a common understanding, to align to a common goal.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Execute processes in compliance rich environments and document actions. Determine when exceptions to the process should be allowed and seeks out clarification.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Information Systems/Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 8-10 years of related work experience
- Total experience of 6+ years in business systems analysis, software development or project management, Master's Degree plus 5+ years of experience, or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalence
- Experience with managing technology and/or digital marketing projects
- Knowledge of terminology, processes, practices and procedures in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and health data compliance best practices.
- Experience working on mobile development and/or web application projects.
- Proficient in project management practices, portfolio review, finance and budgeting.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.